PDA

View Full Version : Non Tidal Thames

delin - n/a
6-Feb-06, 12:18 PM
Could anyone tell me if you are allowed to use hovercrafts on the non tidal sections of the Thames?

Thanks

Gary

Russ Pullen - n/a
6-Feb-06, 05:56 PM
Not a chance. i think you'd probably get arrested and thrown into the tower of london.

Keith Oakley - n/a
6-Feb-06, 07:26 PM
Agreed - official speed limit around 5mph - so to comply you'll mostly be subhump, generating spray and waves. Plus you need a licence and I suspect theres no hovercraft category. Much better down the estuary (eg Allhallows one of our sites) where theres lots of hovercraft friendly mud!

GavinParson - n/a
6-Feb-06, 11:51 PM
Yeah, ask Tom Hyde what happened when he took his F2 out on the Thames at Staines for about 1 minute! Evoked the wrath of just about everybody.

However, I maintain that if he'd done it in a 79dB F35 it would have had a different response.

Gavin

profqwerty - n/a
9-Feb-06, 01:07 AM
I have done this several times; however when I enquired for a license the very polite person in india said that there was no way it could happen (also - is it an inboard or an outboard?). We live where the Loddon joins the Thames, so I can take it without the EA seeing, luckily our neighbours are very nice people. If you're going to do it, take it out on a cold day widweek so no one sees/hears.

Whatever happens, DON'T get caught - the fine is somewhere in the 1000s.