PDA

View Full Version : The way it used to be - the hovergirl

Keith Oakley - n/a
19-Feb-06, 11:41 AM
To get you in the mood for next weekend's AGM celebrating our 40th anniversary I thought I'd pass on the following from the Air Cushion Review of June 1967 - especially for Russ and Ewan.

The Apethorpe rally was characterised by craft that got stuck on scaffold poles laid on the grass and never went over hump, and a huge controversy raged over a craft driven by paddlewheels.

The event was won by Mr Cedric Wren of Seasalter Kent (Russ cruising territory). Wren's performance was matched only by Miss Sarah Mayhew, Players No6 "hover girl" driving the No6 Prototype designed and built by Hoverclub Technical secretary Owen Maddocks. Miss Mayhews cool elegance in the several delightful hover-girl "ensembles" which Players publicists had had designed for her (think Diana Rigg - Avengers) was matched by her complete poise at the wheel (yes steering wheel). For the water course the quick-changing Miss Mayhew was very well prepared in a natty little waterproof trouser suit in blue and white houndstooth -check PVC, unlike everyone else who just got soaked in sub hump spray.

index.php?t=getfile&id=63&private=0

For those who aren't bandwidth challenged I've put the complete report with pics at http://www.raceresults.info (www.raceresults.info) -follow the Apethorpe67 link. Read and enjoy.

Michel - n/a
1-Mar-06, 10:28 PM
How things have changed !

Women still love to make colours match , but in a roughest way.....index.php?t=getfile&id=112&private=0