View Full Version : Where to buy...

srn4 - n/a
20-Mar-06, 12:55 PM
The viper plans call for the use of a fabric "skirt link" at the front which I guess is designed to help prevent plough in....


You can buy it from Aus, but it seems a bit daft ordering it from there and paying postage when I could get it in the UK.

The material is a vinyl injected canvas "Coverlight" similar to that used on the side of artics....

Does anyone have any idea where I can get this material from?



Hovertrekker - n/a
20-Mar-06, 07:33 PM
It looks like vinyl coated nylon - same stuff bag skirts are made of. You should be able to buy a few yards from who ever makes bag skirts in your area.

Paul Fitz - n/a
20-Mar-06, 07:48 PM
almost any sailmaker should be able to supply you with a suitable material (used for sail-bags) and you can obtain the crimp on eylets from any good camping shop. Alternatively you could make it from 2 layers of skirt material with an interliner of woven type tarpaulin. this will not stretch (I have some of that http://hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/smiley_icons/icon_surprised.gif) )

Ian Brooks - n/a
21-Mar-06, 06:41 PM
John R recomends:

TSR (tarp supply& repair) 0121 327 2110 at 3.65 per linear metre (1.5m wide roll) for 18oz/yd2 or 610gm/m2.


Vortex - n/a
21-Mar-06, 09:56 PM
I have black & white 620gm/m^2, would be perfect for your use, 2.50m 1.5mwide, plus P&P

Go to www.vortex.org.uk for my e-mail address


Jamie Lewendon - n/a
22-Mar-06, 11:39 AM
Don't forget the Red at 560g/m2 same price also from keith.