View Full Version : Driving licence?

srn4 - n/a
30-Mar-06, 12:10 PM
I have just been looking at the page about the allhallows cruise and race:


It says:

"Driver qualification-

Drivers must either have a current inland racing licence or a PQS cruising licence."

How does a new boy get his hands on a licence?


GavinParson - n/a
30-Mar-06, 05:31 PM
As "coastal novices" will not be allowed in year one of the Coastal Championship, drivers will need proof of their ability.

Anyone who has raced at the inland championship during the last two years can renew their racing licence and compete at coastal events. If they need to re-qualify after their racing licence has elapsed then they must do sufficient inland novice races to re-qualify. Alternatively they must either hold an existing PQS cruising licence or take part in the training and assessment scheme. Contact Tony Shepheard for further details. tshepheard@pc-seller.com

There will be opportunity at the Allhallows event to gain some experience and be assessed but anyone without a licence will not be allowed to race.

Hope this helps


Secretary CCC

Ian Brooks - n/a
30-Mar-06, 05:42 PM
Speak to Tony Sheppeard, he will issue you with a novice licence and logbook in exchange for a few readies.

PQS is realy very simple - get the licence, read the book and take advice. Then do 5 hours and gain competence in the basic maneuvres for cat 1 licence, and a further 5 plus additional competencies for cat 2.

Don't forget scrutineering - theres a form on the downloads page, it's helpful to fill that in first, and warn the event organiser at your first event that you have an initial scrutiny to be done - it takes longer than a regular once-over.


srn4 - n/a
30-Mar-06, 06:49 PM
Will coastal novices be allowed to cruise at Allhallows?


GavinParson - n/a
30-Mar-06, 08:39 PM
Like I said, there are no coastal novices. Anyone with a logbooked craft can join a cruise. The PQS is voluntary (for now)on HCGB cruises, so the best thing to do is register for the PQS and join the cruise so that the hours count. Once you've qualified for the cruising licence you can enter the coastal races.

For now you'll need to get a PQS supervisor to get you through it. Tony Shepheard will advise.


srn4 - n/a
30-Mar-06, 09:58 PM
Thanks Gavin, its apreciated