PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Need "Snoopy II" information

smolen@juno.com - n/a
15-Apr-06, 01:34 AM
Hello All,

I built a Snoopy II hovercraft about 20 years ago. I purchased the plans from Hoverservices in Wallingford, Oxfordshire, Oxon. Unfortunately when I sold the craft, I gave the buyer the blueprints.

Recently I was able to find the same plans on Ebay, being sold as a "generic" craft but I remembered enough to know that this was the identical planset .. except that the seller provided only a B-size set of plans instead of the full size prints. This was ok except that whoever made this new set of B-size copies did a poor job of copying and cut off several dimensions.

I am able to derive many of the hull dimensions from other dim's on the pages but I am at a loss for the skirt dimensions and outlines.

Does anyone have access to the Snoopy II plans or, can anyone supply me with the missing dimensions and possibly a tracing of the skirt patterns?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Scott

team black - n/a
15-Apr-06, 05:32 PM
Hover services' address and contacts can be found under "suppliers" on the main site

smolen@juno.com - n/a
15-Apr-06, 05:51 PM
Thank you!

I have written to Hoverservices a few times in the past and gotten no replies. I didn't know if Graham was still doing hovercraft or not. Possibly old leftover articles and addresses. I did, however, write him again just 2 days ago. Hopefully he will respond this time.

Again, thank you.

team black - n/a
15-Apr-06, 06:35 PM
He's still involved, but hoverservices is very much a side line for him- mybe try ringing the number given

Kevin.Leach - n/a
16-Apr-06, 03:56 PM
Yes we built one as well at Heles school 27 years ago. When watching Salvage Squad they had one one on display at the hovercraft museum with a full skirt. You could possibly get diamentions from them.

smolen@juno.com - n/a
16-Apr-06, 04:04 PM
Kevin, thanks for the reply. I'm in New York state, USA and don't know what Heles School is or how to contact them. Can you help with that? E-mail or postal address?

Also, 27 years?? I guessed when I said 20 years ago. Mine was likely 20+ years as well. Time does fly, doesn't it??

Kevin.Leach - n/a
16-Apr-06, 09:02 PM
Is this the the design of the craft? We called it a nimbus. I will be going to the hovercraft museum in the summer. If its the craft I will try and get a patern of the skirt segment.

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8123/snoopyii2nt.th.jpg (img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snoopyii2nt.jpg)

smolen@juno.com - n/a
16-Apr-06, 10:58 PM
That is it identically, except mine has the single 31" rear fan. But yes, same craft. Thanks!!

Keith Oakley - n/a
17-Apr-06, 08:25 AM
The original craft were a near identical pair raced in the mid 70's - Snoopy built by Barry Wilkinson and Nimbus by Graham Porter both from Dartford Kent. Neither are still active in the sport.