PDA

View Full Version : Weston Super Mare

Russ Pullen - n/a
16-May-06, 09:16 AM
Just to clarify, please note that the Weston Super Mare Coastal Championship / Cruising Event on September 23/24th is NOT cancelled and is going ahead as planned.

Don83000 - n/a
17-May-06, 01:42 AM
http://hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/smiley_icons/icon_eek.gif When will you have made your mind up for sure Russ as your statement seems to be the same as you made for Hunstanton and then you cancelled at the last minute. So I expect this is just to keep people interested in your events and the renewed cancellation will be forthcoming about September 16th by our reckoning.

How can the ccc be taken seriously when you are switching events on and off like a yo yo this can't be doing the ccc's reputation any good maybe you organising rodeos would be more apt.We watch the calendar with interest.

Sean Atterbury - n/a
17-May-06, 04:59 AM
Cum on Russ you got to reply to that. http://hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/smiley_icons/icon_rolleyes.gif

FayS - n/a
17-May-06, 08:58 AM
Honestly, one event gets cancelled and suddenly Russ can't do anything right. They tried ok?

It's almost not worth bothering to organise anything at Weston if all you're going to do is be snarky.

Go ahead, Russ - I'll even be able to make this event (provided my darling father still has a craft!) so I'm looking forward to it!

ChrisSearle - n/a
17-May-06, 12:08 PM

Jamie Lewendon - n/a
17-May-06, 08:45 PM
Lets not start this again people.

Hunstanton was cancelled.

Weston was cancelled because it didn't have a local organiser. A local organiser has volunteered, so the meeting has been reinstated.

Jamie.

Forum moderator

Michel - n/a
17-May-06, 10:20 PM
Sorry to interfer Fifi and gentlemen,

I don' t know anything about the matter of troubles, only one thing I can say, and I MUST say:

viewed from outside, all bitter posts between you seem not very constructive. My small experience in organizing a very small event has put me in front of so many problems.....

the races organized by Guy Ackerman in France years ago, and all the energy spent ( or wasted ) by Jean- Claude Delorme to organize 17 raids of one week each across France.

All this drives me to conclusion : anyone trying to organize an event with hovercraft is sort of medieval heroe fighting against administration dragon.

Like Fifi said : they tried.

How many of us have successfully organized an event ? Not me.

All authorities are so quick to detroy our hopes, no need to fight ourselves.

Face it !

We are united by same passion, surrounded by tyrannical administration , anti -noise groups, a bunch of decadent knights using gluttonous steeds in search of now and then hoverGraal events.

Let' s look forward, and in the same direction.

One thing I love in The Raid, and is not obvious in races paddocks. We are all ONE group helping eachothers to reach the end.

Think about 2 strokes engines, there are so many reasons it could breakdown, and we are so happy when it runs smoothly.....

My 2 cents......

Now...... Round 2 ....... ( DonGGGGggggg ! )

Sean Atterbury - n/a
18-May-06, 06:21 AM
Well said speedy, I agree but what goes into organising an event, I would like to organise one over here but what does it intale, sure you need an area to do it but what else, as long as its ok with the owners of the land, I can not see any other problems. Just wait for those who are interested to show up and off you go, stop in somewhere for lunch and then head on back.

Sounds simple hey? please enlighten me. http://hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/smiley_icons/icon_smile.gif