PDA

View Full Version : Osprey molds?

srn4 - n/a
9-Jul-06, 05:23 PM
Does anyone know who has the osprey molds these days? Im especially interested to know the whereabouts of the osprey 5 molds http://hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/smiley_icons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks.

Dunc

jon_curtis - n/a
9-Jul-06, 10:08 PM
lots of craft are either ospreys or mods to the thing.

flying fish are pretty much an osprey.

there are moulds all over the place, its just who is gona admit it!

charfont - n/a
11-Jul-06, 09:00 AM
rob trussler maybe able to point you in the right direction.i dont have his number,but some on the forum may.

charlie

tizzler - n/a
11-Jul-06, 07:14 PM
I know where the osprey 5 moulds are... what do you want to do with them?

If you want to talk pm me

Rob Trussler

BRYAN WHITE - n/a
11-Jul-06, 08:31 PM
Hi dunc I was there on the weekend with the bond craft. That is a osprey 5 which im sure your aware of. Before you rush off and continue to plant money into hovers i would be more than happy to take you out in the river with it. This will give you an idea of its good and bad points.Bryan White

Kipmac - n/a
12-Jul-06, 08:38 AM
Bad Points !!!How Dare You

Seriously Dunc you are talking loads of time effort and money.

The Osprey 5 has 47 moulds.You need major assistance and room just to get the assembled hull out of the mould.

Kip

hover t - n/a
12-Jul-06, 06:30 PM
Kip

How many Osprey 5 hovers were made by Osprey and how many are still being used in the UK

I know of 3 in scotland (including my one)

all the best

Trev B

hover_southwest - n/a
17-Jul-06, 06:28 PM
I have an Osprey 5 MKII, in Exmouth, Devon, if this is the start of an Osprey 5 survey!?

Although i also have a Canair 504L (aka 506), recent arrival, so the Osprey 5 may well be available so as to create some space

Osprey 5 is currently undergoing a refit, rewire, front cabin installation etc etc, but could be passed straight on if someone feels like a small project. man hours to complete would be estimated around 48 or even less if you have a willing helping pair of hands; could be quicker if you wanted to drop the front cabin idea!

if any use, PM me or ask here

Robin

hover t - n/a
18-Jul-06, 04:54 PM
Hi Robin

Front cabin instalation! That sounds like a good idea, I have been considering that option for my 5, also thinking about fitting a lift duct in front of the engine where the back seat is (like a sev prospector)driveing the lift fan from the front of the engine and fitting a clutch on the thrust fan and cutting the spliter plate out to give full thust from the rear.

We all know osprey 5s dont have any bad points,so I am considering these changes just for the challange of doing the job

Will your hover look something like this with a roof onindex.php?t=getfile&id=306&private=0

all the best

Trev B

charfont - n/a
18-Jul-06, 07:43 PM
DOH!!!! http://hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/smiley_icons/icon_eek.gif