PDA

View Full Version : Bow Shapes

HCC 356 - n/a
22-Aug-06, 05:24 AM
Hello everyone. I would like to introduce myself to you all. My name is Neil Medcalf and I live in Victoria, BC, Canada. I've spent a part of my youth in England and I've always wanted to build my own hovercraft. I'm about to do that, however I have some questions first. While I was there years ago I picked up the plans to the Simple Cyclone which I'm sure you're all familiar with. My question is this. What would you do to modify the design to improve it. (Any and all suggestions please even other designs suggestions) I've noticed a craft, #83, on the Hovercraft video site which looks very much like the Simple Cyclone but with a rounded bow and motorcyle style seating/steering. What benefit does the rounded bow have? Thanks for all your help everyone..

Neil

Ian Brooks - n/a
22-Aug-06, 06:37 PM
Hello

The Simple Cyclone is a rather old design now... if you want something that is simple & cheap to build and then fly round a paddock, then the Cyclone will be good. If you want something to take onto beach, lakes or rivers, then you might want to consider a more modern design, see the link below. These will take a little more effort and expense to build, but will ultimately be more satisfying.

http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/hcfaq.htm#14

Ian