PDA

View Full Version : blade hub

mick - n/a
4-Oct-06, 09:06 PM
does anybody know i can get a 6 position hob from, i have seen them on craft but draw a blank trying to pin one down.

Superwedge - n/a
5-Oct-06, 01:04 PM
Mick I don't think you can get a 6 blade hub from Multiwing. Craft often use a nine blade hub with six blades or a 12 blade hub with 6 blades, this is what you may of seen. in the nine blade hub, blades will be unevenly spaced as you will have 3 pairs of blades with a space between each pair..

T.W.

nickyd - n/a
5-Oct-06, 03:05 PM
Hi Mick,

Ken Rigley does a six blade hub but I think it is for a larger blade profile than you are currently using.

Give him a ring and ask him I reckon.

Cheers

nick

ugglas - n/a
5-Oct-06, 06:33 PM
This craft is for sale in Finland and as seen in the picture this one has a six blade hub. So at least some use itindex.php?t=getfile&id=448&private=0

Don83000 - n/a
6-Oct-06, 01:44 AM
Yes you can get a 6 blade Multi-Wing hub but these are for the huge 7W type blades and a hub is going to set you back around 200 compared to a 9 blade hub for 5Z blades at around 60 also the 7W blades are around 45+ each compared to 5Z blades at around 15 each so you pays your money and takes your choice but on the whole most will use a 9 blade hub and insert 6 blades if its only 6 they want to run. Now if you want to save quite a bit of money you could use Hascon blades and hub from Conair (see suppliers).