PDA

View Full Version : calling Jamie or John

tonybroad - n/a
10-Oct-06, 09:06 PM
Jamie/John

how many teeth are on your small bottom pulleys for the RS - where can i get one form and how do they fit to the shaft

thanks in advance

p.s. - i put this posting on the Cruising board in error

Tony

Jamie Lewendon - n/a
10-Oct-06, 09:53 PM
Now why would you want to know that tony?

It's a 22 HTD I buy them from BSL, and it is a 1:10 taper on to my bottom shaft

Jamie

hovercad - n/a
11-Oct-06, 08:30 AM
Hello Jamie,

Do you have the contact details for BSL.

Im thinking of moving my engine (ec44) further back and do away with the flex coupling as i virtually have to sit on the engine to get the nose up when im in it.

Cheers

Craig

tonybroad - n/a
11-Oct-06, 09:18 AM
theres a full list of suppliers on the bslbrammer website

i've just found out that, conveniently, my local a supplier is within 10 mins walking distance from work - woo hoo

only thing is Paul Fitz's excellent belt length calculator won't accept a 22 tooth bottom pulley - any chance of an amendment Paul ??

Tony

team black - n/a
11-Oct-06, 06:47 PM
Mine is OK, since it doesn't use preferred sizes. PM your e-mail and I'll send you the spreadsheet

Paul Fitz - n/a
11-Oct-06, 08:48 PM
Thank you for the accolade. It makes me feel guilty telling you you're wrong http://hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/smiley_icons/icon_surprised.gif)

You must be using 1.1 Beta which was 24 – 192 tooth.

Version 1.2 Beta and the current version 1.2 on the downloads page accepts 22 – 192 as inputs.

Just in case you want to super-tune this new engine to blow John and Jamie away, I have sent you your own special version, which allows 20, YES 20 tooth pulleys.

It would probably polish the inside of the belt to a smooth surface, but you could then use the belt to hold your trousers up during the second race HeHe.

You might like to note that a 20 tooth pulley would have just 7mm nom. of metal between the inner bore (assuming 25mm drive) and the inner recess of the teeth, compared to 10mm for a 22 tooth pulley.

tonybroad - n/a
12-Oct-06, 07:58 AM
thanks paul - it's the 22 i'm looking at

as for super tuning an engine to blow john and jamie away, i'll just hang onto my cash and stick with my TZR's

Tony

Hovertrekker - n/a
12-Oct-06, 12:36 PM
In the Belt calculator, what does PCD stand for?

jon_curtis - n/a
12-Oct-06, 05:07 PM
pcd normally means pitch circle diameter, but in the belt thingy?

Paul Fitz - n/a
12-Oct-06, 06:50 PM
As Jon said PCD stands for pitch circle diameter. It is the dimension which is required for any belt or chain drive calculations. In the case of HTD drives the pcd is approx. in the centre line of the belt (excluding the teeth), i.e. it is a larger diameter than the external diameter measured on the pulley itself.

HTH.