PDA

View Full Version : Hovertravel BHT-130

Victor.Dunn - n/a
19-Mar-07, 09:39 PM
Photographed today on the Ryde slipway...

index.php?t=getfile&id=626&private=0

hover_southwest - n/a
21-Mar-07, 10:54 PM
yes, she has been there a while, i beleive waiting for her lift fan to be returned after a problem was found and send away to be fixed

of course i could be wrong, but she has not been seen out and about yet, moved out the hanger, then failed to move anywhere else!

she does look great, but when is she out on trials, whats happening to the southsea extension to the landing pad etc etc??

also seem to remember some issues with her sister ship abroad, would be nice to find out exactly what is happening to them both. Hearsay is all very good, but if anyone who really knows is reading this, then come on, have a chat.... PLEASE

Victor.Dunn - n/a
22-Mar-07, 05:40 AM
There was some work on the Southsea pad some time ago - A monument was moved down the prom where previously the Hovertravel wall next to the prom went round the monument. No further work has since been done...

Victor.Dunn - n/a
24-Mar-07, 04:08 PM
Hovertravel have updated their website (www.hovertravel.co.uk/new_hovercraft.php) with a picture...

hovercad - n/a
24-Mar-07, 07:06 PM
funny ive sat fishing on hasler wall in the past.

Watching the hovercraft going back and forth.

I rely must get round to taking a trip on one thats larger than a double bed.

Need a reason to go to the Ilse if wiget.

Craig

hover_southwest - n/a
26-Mar-07, 07:06 PM
As i understand it, the Southsea landing pad is no way near LONG enough to accept the new craft, plans have been afoot to extend the pad out onto the footpath, but, AND i live in the area, NO works have yet been started, well as of 4 week ago.

The exported craft had issues with her prop shaft

Is the photo actually of the UK craft or the sister craft

Looking forward to seeing her out and about on the solent/IOW waters, and if i find out when she is about, would like to hover alongside to take some photos etc etc...

So, anyone out there know for sure whats happening officially, and when?

Victor.Dunn - n/a
28-Mar-07, 09:16 PM
The Picture is of the UK craft...

The "plan" to extend the Southsea pad onto the prom (!?) - might account for why the perimeter wall was never completed when the monument was moved some months ago...

hover_southwest - n/a
29-Mar-07, 07:44 PM
<font face="Arial">I will be seeing my 'contact' hopefully over the weekend and if anything to report, will do so

many thanks[/COLOR]

jar2 - n/a
6-Apr-07, 07:44 AM
Someone on a US hoverboard found this video of the trials CLICK HERE (www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssyJTKRW_F4)

ChrisC - n/a
16-Apr-07, 05:16 AM
I happened to be passing the Hovertravel terminal in Southsea on Friday, and was lucky enough to see the new hovercraft. It seemed to go up on the pad just fine, although sliding off sideways with the tide out looked a challenging manoeuvre. http://hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/smiley_icons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Russ Pullen - n/a
16-Apr-07, 12:16 PM
Photographed today on the Ryde slipway...

index.php?t=getfile&id=626&private=0

Bag Skirt - Urgh! http://hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/smiley_icons/icon_smile.gif

Victor.Dunn - n/a
16-Apr-07, 03:11 PM
The picture on the Hovertravel web site (link posted a few messages ago) appears to show a loop-segment - The Bow loop in the AP188 is bigger than the side loop so looks similar when deflated.

Victor.Dunn - n/a
18-Aug-07, 12:48 PM
For those that have not been able to get to Southsea and fly on Solent Express... here are some pictures inside...

Seats are in a 3-4-3 combination, with the exit door at the middle...

Very quite ride compared to AP188...

index.php?t=getfile&id=856&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=857&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=858&private=0

Horus - n/a
19-Aug-07, 06:12 PM
Wheres all the sea gone !

Its a cracking photo though.

hover t - n/a
19-Aug-07, 07:53 PM
Try this link it shows the beast in action a few weeks ago on the river Forth

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=edinburgh+hoverc (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=edinburgh+hovercraft&search=Search) raft&search=Search

Trev