PDA

View Full Version : protest in someset

bram - n/a
10-Aug-07, 02:36 PM
Listening to the radio on thurs 8th aug and heard a story about a group of water sports enthusiasts/climbers/anglers getting together to protest about the increasingly difficulty in accessing the coastline, the protest was held near brean in somerset which is my usual hovering patch. Has anyone else heard this story or even been involved in this, know the name of the group or any other info??? cos i thought i was the only person who was concerned on these issues. i was in greece last week and you can launch a boat anywhere the road goes down to the beach which is basically everywhere, people do it all the time and they get no hassle. here councils and landowners seem to monopolise access condensing us into small areas -- http://hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/smiley_icons/icon_confused.gif any thoughts

peterd51 - n/a
10-Aug-07, 06:40 PM
Hi,

the councils all used to offer free access to beaches but now they seem to be running scared that if someone has an accident they'll sue the council for letting them on the beach.

I can see where they'd want certificates to show that a craft is seaworthy, that the operator is competent to use it, that they have at least basic safety equipment and insurance, etc...

but as usual in the UK they've gone way too far.

It's time we had some sort of legal certificate, that anyone could sign if we wanted to, stating that we give up teh right to sue who-ever.

That way if people want to risk their lives it's no-one elses business.

Bloody control freaks.

It's time for a revolution!

Regards

Peter

jon_curtis - n/a
13-Aug-07, 05:36 PM
have a word with the hover rescue people at brean! they were happy for me to fly down there, as long as it was out on the mud!