PDA

View Full Version : Skirt attachment

peterd51 - n/a
20-Sep-07, 08:56 PM
Hi,

I've re-attched the skirt but I'm not sure now about the bottom fixings...

on a finger skirt should the bottom tabs (held by a cable tie) be tight up to the fixing point or should they be slack.

If it's slack, how much, one finger width inside the cable tie, two fingers, etc?

I vaguely recall that when I took it off that some were tight up and some were a bit looser.

Regards

Peter

hover t - n/a
21-Sep-07, 12:07 AM
Peter

Tight is the way to go so that the inside edge of the seggy is close to the side of the hull

Trev

jon_curtis - n/a
21-Sep-07, 12:23 PM
agreed, the rear of the skirt should be as tight against the hull as poss!

this was the major fault with the constructors guide skirt attachement, the tags too long!

peterd51 - n/a
22-Sep-07, 06:12 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Regards

Peter

Iceman - n/a
24-Sep-07, 02:47 PM
The length of skirt tabs and/or tightness of the skirt against the hull is not the most important factor. What you need to worry about is the contact point of the skirt on the ground, if this is pulled too far inboard, the skirt pressure will go up and the whole craft will be less stable. If the contact point is about 100mm inboard of the outside edge then it will be ok.

peterd51 - n/a
24-Sep-07, 03:50 PM
Hi,

would the position of the contact point be measured assuming the skirt was inflated?

I'm on 'late' shift this week as my colleague is moving house and it's now getting on towards darkness when I get home.

I'll be able to check it out fully next weekend.

Thanks for the tip.

Regards

Peter