PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Questions

djeady - n/a
14-Jan-08, 02:44 AM
I have a cottage on an island that I can't get to in the fall, much of the kind of winters we've been having, and the spring.

This has given me the crazy idea I want a hovercraft.

Not too concerned about how fast it goes. Need it to carry 2/3 people plus a bit of cargo. I'd prefer something on the quiet side with 4 stroke motor(s).

NOw I have so many questions:

- what are the advantages of single motor vs two motor designs

- for seating, I'm assuming motorcycle style vs car style for two passengers. Not sure how a side by side would fly with one passenger.

- buy used? - don't have a lot of time, but do have the skills and tools to do it myself if need be.

What else do I need to consider?

Vortex - n/a
14-Jan-08, 08:54 PM
Hi there get in touch with Stefan at smsidl@attglobal.net, he is my Canadian sales partner

Keith

Vortex Services

Hovertrekker - n/a
15-Jan-08, 04:38 PM
Hi deajdy,

since you apparently live in Canada, have you ever heard of Ross Sully? He lives in Parry sound in Ontario. He's been in the hovercraft business for years, and specialized in folks like yourself who need hovercraft transport to their island homes during the time of year when the ice starts to break up etc..

If you send me a private message I'll give you his phone number. I don't have his email, sorry.