PDA

View Full Version : Cuyuna 430 Engine Crankshaft

StuDewis - n/a
14-Feb-08, 03:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this game, bought a Scat Hovercraft (wreck)last year, I have been doing it up since. I had it running for a short while then the engine packed in. Discovered the crank seal and bearings were worn. Took the crank to SEP at Kegworth nearly 4 months ago, they say the conrods are worn and need replacing but can't get hold of any.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a good crank and/or conrods for a Cuyuna 430? if not I'm looking at replacing the engine with a Rotax 447 which with a gearbox retails at over 2 grand.

I came to a few race meetings last season and really enjoyed it, I was hoping to get this heap restored and race next season,

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Cheers Stu (Notts). http://hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/smiley_icons/icon_redface.gif

Richard Wiles - n/a
14-Feb-08, 10:03 PM
IF you can give me the following i may be able to supply them

small end inside diameter,

rod width

crank pin diameter,

crankpin length on both mag and pto ends

Richard.

pythonmotorcycles@btinternet.com

StuDewis - n/a
15-Feb-08, 02:24 PM
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply, the crank is still at SEP Kegworth, I will try to get the dimensions you require and let you know. Thanks again for your help.

Cheers Stu.

hovercraftrental - n/a
18-Feb-08, 11:31 PM
contact us at info@hovercraftrental.co.uk

We have in stock, or can get 430 conrods, bearings, little ends or complete new oe crankshafts available

StuDewis - n/a
21-Feb-08, 02:35 PM
Hi, these are the dimensions as supplied by SEP;

the crank pin dia is 22mm and length is 55mm, the rod length is 110mm, width is 15mm and s/end dia is 22mm.