PDA

View Full Version : Check out the website

pest619 - n/a
4-Mar-08, 08:22 AM
Hi,

my new website is nearly finished-

www.camracing.co.uk

Has some pics of the new craft (that isnt yet as shiny as Tony's or Rick's).

Now to get back to building the thing...

Pete

nickyd - n/a
4-Mar-08, 08:56 AM
Looking good Pete,

Where is it that you are building it? Nice lot of old craft knocking around in the background of those pics!

Nick

pest619 - n/a
4-Mar-08, 10:06 AM
At the hovercraft museum nr Gosport, see the links page. The Craft in the background of some of the pics are scrapheap challenge craft!

Jamie Lewendon - n/a
4-Mar-08, 01:11 PM
Pete, Craft + website look really good, I have 2 comments for you:

1. some of your tag lines line up with the wong photos in the gallery (easy fix)

2. I notice that you are using carbon/kevlar on the outer surface of your rudder, kevlar degrades quickly in UV light, so although it looks trick, you probably want to put a coat of paint on it!!!!

Jamie

pest619 - n/a
4-Mar-08, 01:38 PM
Cheers, the photos are getting put up propa tonight- and yes i was just getting ready to cover the rudder- the ends are dog anyway and need some extra glassing.

the rudder was my A2 project and i also used trick epoxy which claimed to have uv stabilisers innit- would that protect the kevlar?

tonybroad - n/a
5-Mar-08, 09:11 AM
looking good Peter - keep up the good work

Tony

kach22i - n/a
8-Mar-08, 08:10 PM
Nice hovercraft design.

I like the gallery pictures too.

I'd like to know more about how to take the Rhino drawings into the fabrication stage. I see the images, but not quite connecting the dots here.

FYI: I cannot get this to work.

The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:....

http://www.camracing.co.uk/magazine_article.pdf

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
To find out more about starting hovercraft racing and more info on the design and build of the tank see my article which I wrote for the HCGB magazine.

Downloadable Article
</td></tr></table>