PDA

View Full Version : Info please

swindon richard - n/a
8-Mar-08, 08:10 PM
Hi, I am a newbie to the Hovercraft past time and have purchased a craft as a "fixer upper"

Looking forward to having a go and seeing how I take to it!

My first interest was some 35 years ago when I lost my plastic hover craft at Weston super mare beach(any finders please get in touch)

Once I have got my craft up and running I will be looking forward to partaking in club activities.

Any info on anyone or anything happening in or around Swindon please let me know.

Swindon Richard

ps, might be looking for a better newer craft- any offers or advice.

Ian Brooks - n/a
8-Mar-08, 08:50 PM
Hi

Welcome to the select community of hovercraft owners!

I'm in Gloucester, so not too far away. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Are you interested cruising or racing? What sort of craft have you got? My interest is in cruising, I started with an "ebay special" which had to be rebuilt, then built a SevTec.

Cheers for now

Ian

swindon richard - n/a
8-Mar-08, 09:34 PM
Hi there, many thanks for contact, I brought a craft off of Greg Kendall from(yorkshire)

Ex racing craft with a rebuilt TZR 250 engine.

Have nearly finished wiring this morning (weather closed in and ruined my day)

Arny - n/a
10-Mar-08, 12:57 AM
Hi Richard and a BIG welcome to the forum.

There are a lot of very knowledgable people here who I am sure will be very willing to help... as would I but I too am a bit of a hover newbie!

I would be careful about posting your email and telephone number in a public forum though... the internet is crawling with people that you would rather not be contacted by so it is best to use the PM (private message) system on the forum. I am sure that if you PMed Ewan Black and asked he would remove that personal info from the post... just a thought http://hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/smiley_icons/icon_smile.gif

Welcome anyway and good luck with the new hovercraft.

tonybroad - n/a
10-Mar-08, 10:17 AM
Paul

welcome to the mad-house that is hovercraft racing, i remmeber Greg's craft racing a few years ago

if you need any info on the TZR just let me know, they still baffle me now and then, especially on the electrical side but i reckon i've got the measure of them now

Tony