View Full Version : is there such a thing

jon_curtis - n/a
15-Jun-08, 10:15 AM
is there such a thing as a thottle cable amplifier?

actually what i want to do, is turn a large movement into a small on, save me making a set of levers etc, if there is something you can buy to do the job?



tonybroad - n/a
15-Jun-08, 10:18 AM
you can get 'quick action' twist grip throttles, often used on motocross bikes, some are only 1/4 turn to full throttle

kach22i - n/a
15-Jun-08, 11:46 AM
Here in the USA they are called "travel agents". I purchased a pair so I could experiment with puff ports. I suppose you could install them backwards to shorten the operating distance/play.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=354473&h (forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=354473&highlight=travel+agent) ighlight=travel+agent

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">kach22i;3370346</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

As for the cable hand lever brakes for the foreward puff-ports, I found something called a "Travel Agent" which doubles the cable travel. This is something I need to finish the bow braking system. The amount of air and the braking or bow steering power will be slight, but it's a exercise in working with controls for me. Another first time experience, so it's going to be a little rough.http://hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/smiley_icons/icon_wink.gif

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=2647&amp (www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=2647&subcategory_ID=5221) ;amp ;subcategory_ID=5221


http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/cable-hardware-brake.html (sheldonbrown.com/harris/cable-hardware-brake.html)


An old guy reparing bikes at the "Student Bike Shop" said expect about one inch of travel. When I asked him about "Travel Agents" he said they are not in his catalog and he has never heard of them. He runs a budget operation and said I could get a pair of cable activated lever brakes with cables for around $30.00 which is less than I've seen on-line from the specialty shops.

I need to get a strong spring (about 2" high compressed to 3/4") to keep the air dryer vent closed, that's next. I'm thinking a rubber or dense foam gasket may help keep the air seal.

jon_curtis - n/a
15-Jun-08, 11:54 AM
spot on!

http://www.billys.co.uk/english/search.php?search=travel+age (http://www.billys.co.uk/english/search.php?search=travel+agents) nts


kach22i - n/a
15-Jun-08, 11:56 AM
I first found them on a UK website.

Google it.

Ian Brooks - n/a
15-Jun-08, 05:15 PM
You'll need about 4" travel for the Sev brakes...


jon_curtis - n/a
15-Jun-08, 06:36 PM
this is for the lift engine throttle http://hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/smiley_icons/icon_smile.gif going to ditch what i have at the min and do it a bit differently.

got an old break arm with a bit of tube on it, and it gives about 3" of travel (its a little wobbly tho), to a break lever on the handle bars, this drops the nose, i am going to fit a emergancy bit of string to pull if i need to wack it open and keep it open, if this fails!