PDA

View Full Version : Simple solution

tonybroad - n/a
22-Jul-08, 08:08 PM
The magazine printer has come up with an excellent suggestion in view of Anne standing down from the editorship and me to follow shortly

if we can provide him with 8 pages of text/pictures in pdf format each month he will look after the putting together of the magazine

this takes the pressure off anyone learning how to use the magazine software we simply need to coordinate a way of collating and sending any items to the printer

i'm sure there are enough members who can write pdf files or at least convert them for people who can't write pdf's

updated items like the calendar or the classifieds section can also be arranged in pdf format

one person responsible for calendar once a month

another responsible for classifieds

i'll be suggesting this to council

good idea ? comments please

Jonathan - n/a
27-Jul-08, 12:19 PM
Hi Tony,

As you know I thought about taking this on at the last AGM, unfortunately my state of health/mind and timekeeping mean that I can't do the whole thing, So..

I've been working on an idea for an "article" for the magazine that would be used EVERY month. if you PM me with your email address I'll send you my idea...

Jonathan

andycollins - n/a
28-Jul-08, 12:30 PM
Hi Tony,

I really think that there should be one person within the club to act as editor. Although we should do what we can to make that editor's job as easy as possible.

If I can do anything as webmaster to make the job easier, calendar formats etc., let me know.

Cheers.

Andy.