PDA

View Full Version : Live Video Trial - saturday march 20th

Keith Oakley
20-Mar-09, 06:45 PM
To test out some new mobile broadband uplink kit and the new website I'm going to transmit a couple of hours of live video and audio tomorrow afternoon saturday 20th from 1500 to 1700 hours UK time. You can find the page in the members section - look under Race reports, results & live video. Any feedback welcome - I'm particularly interested in how often you get breaks in the live feed.
Keith

Keith Oakley
21-Mar-09, 02:04 PM
A few probs but it is now on. Yes its trailercam! Its sunny so thought it was time to repaint the trailer. Video is at 200kbits audio 20kbits
Keith

Baz Hunt
21-Mar-09, 02:14 PM
Great stuff Keith. You could have chosen a brighter paint colour though................

This will be great for those of us that can't make all the meetings.

Baz

Keith Oakley
21-Mar-09, 04:31 PM
Thanks - to judge from the picture I saw back from the server in Frankfurt that worked pretty well. Biggest loss of service was when the cat knocked the aerial over at around 3.15! Thats a big piece of the webcast technical jigsaw tested, more to do but we seem to be on track. I'm pleased to say Paul Taylor has volunteered to provide the cameras at the actual race meetings so hopefully you will see something more interesting than me painting.

Keith

Paul Fitz2
24-Mar-09, 09:57 PM
worked well here Keith, although the pace of action was a little slow! :o)

kevthehover
25-Mar-09, 07:28 AM
Hi Kieth,

Was impressed, watched it for about 10 mins ran fine in that time.... But hey didnt see any work being done on the trailer, but at about 4.30 ish it appears a lot of tea drinking was being done lol............. am but then so was i drinking tea at the time pml.................good work Kieth

Kindest regards
Kevin