PDA

View Full Version : Stainless exhaust parts

hector46
31-Mar-09, 07:41 PM
Does anyone have contacts for stainless 304/316 bends and Y pieces in 25 and 32mm (1" or 1 1/4" old money). Car people start at 1 1/2" so perhaps motorcycle exhaust people ??

Cheers

Steve

gaz
31-Mar-09, 07:52 PM
i used Piggin Pipes in Ilfracombe, North devon for my stainless exhaust. i was able to take my craft there but they will build you a complete S/S system if you send them the old one as a pattern or just a few bends to any angle if thats all you need e-mail is piggin.pipes@btinternet.com

trev
31-Mar-09, 09:50 PM
Steve
Go down to the ship yard at port Glasgow where the hover barge is lying and ask them. Ship builders use loads of SS pipe and fittings and there has got to be suppliers in the Glasgow area.
You could always try the plumb center as they do 32mm SS pipe and fittings for the plumbing trade.

Trev

foster2958
1-Apr-09, 09:33 AM
I cannot recommend Piggin Pipes highly enough - they are good people - nice to deal with, very helpful, interested in what you want the pipes for, good product and quick turn around. They also sell through ebay and direct. Have a look at their website, they make some great systems. www.pigginpipes.co.uk (http://www.pigginpipes.co.uk)

Kevin

gaz
2-Apr-09, 08:05 PM
thanks for the update on pigginpipes. they have come a long way in the 12 months since they made my system. guess thats what happens when you combine good service with a great product. (and no i am not being paid to say that)

hector46
2-Apr-09, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the contact info everyone. Gaz, was that stainless?

gaz
5-Apr-09, 07:59 AM
yes its a full stainless system using a silencer off of a Kawasaki motorcycle, i will post a pic later.

gaz
5-Apr-09, 08:08 PM
here are the pics of my system

pigginpipes
26-Apr-09, 11:29 AM
I cannot recommend Piggin Pipes highly enough - they are good people - nice to deal with, very helpful, interested in what you want the pipes for, good product and quick turn around. They also sell through ebay and direct. Have a look at their website, they make some great systems. www.pigginpipes.co.uk (http://www.pigginpipes.co.uk)

Kevin

Hi, thanks for your excellent recomendation. We have somewhat moved on but we still deal on a one to one basis and are always interested in any new project from hovercrafts to boats, motorcycles & kit cars. Thanks again, Adele & Neil, Piggin Pipes