PDA

View Full Version : *** extra race meeting ***

foster2958
5-May-09, 10:39 AM
In case you've missed the discussions in the Live Video thread, an extra race meeting has been added - the provisional date for the end of May Bank Holiday weekend has been confirmed as Magnolls Farm 2 - 23rd, 24th & 25th of May. Many thanks to Charlie & Karen, Granville and everyone else in the Northwest Branch for taking this on at short notice.

Kevin Foster
Chairman: Competitions Committee

peach4730
5-May-09, 11:08 AM
if i can add to: subject to trials we are hoping to change track direction!!
which having been round my self the other way it is really really a different animal,
if any driver who has any imput please lets us know
via this forum. also setting up the course on friday if there is any extra
helpers out there then it will be greatfully recieved,
many thanks for the members who attended this weekend, really hope
you can make it for the next meeting, off to dry the club kit out now.
regards
charlie

Jon Pert
5-May-09, 11:14 AM
Looks like we won't be up until late Friday night, Tracey can't get the Friday off work. Sorry mate.

broad5186
5-May-09, 03:36 PM
if we do run opposite going down the hill will need to be a chicane, i remeber we tried it both ways when we first designed the course and the rise of the humps meets you sharply the other issue is going over the 'cliff' if the top corner is overshot

i'm up for anything !!!

tony

Jon Pert
5-May-09, 04:09 PM
You could make the turn by 'the cliff' tighter to help slow people down as well as loads of catch netting!!

Something like this?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e253/sixpackpert/magnolls.jpg

lewend4439
5-May-09, 05:00 PM
sounds like an interesting idea, i think Tony is right about the run down the hill, John's line could work.
Where would you put the grid? I think there is a rule in the book somewhere regarding distance from grid to first corner, worth checking.

Jamie

peach4730
5-May-09, 06:42 PM
The grid would run be at the bottom end of the paddock, parallel with the barns/fence line. so slight kink on to the course flat stick up hill then chicane on the way down, whats the distance between start first corner
at claydon?? just for reference.

foster2958
5-May-09, 07:36 PM
The rule book says that there must be 25m between the start line and any significant change of direction. It is to prevent mass pile-ups on the first corner.

Kevin

TechieRoss
8-May-09, 08:41 PM
Having been the marshall on the cliff point for the last race meeting and the very windy one the year before as well it should be noted that a *lot* of people do take that top turn very wide with some even ending up against the wall !

I would suggest that the turn to come back down the hill would probably need to be inline with the tree as I think Jon's line is too close to the drop even with catch netting in place then proceed diagonally down the hill to a left hand turn before a drop onto the water...

This would also take craft away from the tree which again from experience don't mix well with hovercraft!

Ross

peach4730
8-May-09, 10:33 PM
we've taken that into cosideration, but this year most definatley did drivers get very close to the cliff edge infact way off the originall course but there were no bendy cones and no long grass on the outside race line,
but still drivers quick up hill but still down hill take off and on the left bend in a face full of wind!! think drivers should try and run down the field with an 8x4 foam sheet!!!!! might think twice about ones approach (my josh included) you cant stop a racer from trying to go fast but drive to the course conditions, still lets see in a couple of weeks:D

smallw1449
13-May-09, 10:25 PM
Sorry folks, but Vortex Shop won't be at this meeting, we had already scheduled other activities and Wiggy is not available to tow the shop up...so if you need anything phone now and we can post it to you.

Keith

Winst
22-May-09, 09:57 AM
I will be carrying some spare blades, spark plugs, miller oil and filters at the race meeting on Keith's behalf.
If you need any of these spare please come over and see myself or Rob.
(Blue Vortex No:66)