PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Registration

David Ryan
6-Jun-09, 08:41 PM
Just a reminder that all craft over 15hp on the Shannon must be registered. There is no charge for this. The application form is available from the following link,http://www.waterwaysireland.org/index.cfm/section/article/page/BoatRegistration
This can take a couple of weeks, so get your papers in early.
I have also checked with the campsite to see if dogs are allowed. Sorry, no pets.

Philip
7-Jun-09, 12:45 PM
I see the registration form has been changed from last years one. They are looking for lots more information eg: design catagory, Ocean, Offshore, Inshore or Sheltered Waters, whats the definition of inshore vs offshore? Also new are the questions about toilets, CE/HIN numbers, fuel capacity and number of engines. I'm sure the answer to the question about draft gets a second look when they see what we write down:). Gone is the question about the previous owner so Charlie wont feature along with Ian on the Waterways Ireland database:).
Its almost worth registering just to get the info pack they send you back which includes a booklet about Irelands inland waterways and a brief and clear outline of the by-lays and safety requirements. These include an "efficient means of reversing", " at least one efficient anchor" and 6 flares + 2 smoke signals OR a distress flag.
Philip