PDA

View Full Version : Rother Video this weekend

Keith Oakley
12-Jun-09, 05:08 PM
Live racing this weekend from the UK National at Rother Valley near Sheffield will be available on www.live.raceresults.info (http://www.live.raceresults.info) on both saturday and sunday starting around 11.00am UK time. The broadband link has been a bit variable this afternoon so bear with us if the picture isn't brilliant at times!

Our US and Canadian viewers may want to try viewing via our new US relay on www.raceresults.info/live2/index_usa.htm (http://www.raceresults.info/live2/index_usa.htm) I've set this up in preparation for our next event coverage which will hopefully be a US event, HoverRally09 from Riverside Iowa, next weekend.

Keith

atters
13-Jun-09, 08:10 AM
going to do some exploring around the farm today, have to find some 3g. :p

Terry Bridges
13-Jun-09, 11:59 AM
Hi Keith,

You can tell Barry I am watching in Germany too.

Terry.

Terry Bridges
13-Jun-09, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the mention, and by the way, I don't fix them any more, I just make sure someone else does.

Have a good weekend to all there.

deacon2391
13-Jun-09, 12:18 PM
Hello

Good luck to all our friends. Tell Sue to stop falling out and eat more pies!

Zoe Andy and Hannah Deacon.

Watching in Dorset.

Keith Oakley
13-Jun-09, 01:01 PM
Theres a technical fault on the uplink at present. Please bear with us
Keith

Keith Oakley
13-Jun-09, 01:16 PM
Back on with reduced quality at present. 3rd attempt at 18craft F503 race about to start
Keith

Baz Hunt
13-Jun-09, 01:34 PM
Hi Keith,

Each time I restart the live video feed, it starts at about 7 mins into the Novice Race and I can't fast forward it. Tried IE, Chrome and Firefox, same result. Any ideas?

Baz

Keith Oakley
13-Jun-09, 01:45 PM
I've got same thing and I thought it was just me - has anyone seen the complete (3rd attempt) F503? I think we have a server prob in Frankfurt.
Keith

Baz Hunt
13-Jun-09, 01:49 PM
I'm at the point where 93 is just being pulled out of the water. I'm loath to restart in case I'm back into the novice race........

millig4182
13-Jun-09, 01:49 PM
Hi Kieth,
Same here in Ireland, I've watched the same novice race about 4 times now :-))
Joe.

Baz Hunt
13-Jun-09, 01:52 PM
Aaaggghhhh. It's just started the loop again all by itself!. I'll try later.

Keith Oakley
13-Jun-09, 01:56 PM
Thanks for feedback I've restarted the server in Frankfurt at the start of the F2 race Please give me more feedback
Keith

Baz Hunt
13-Jun-09, 02:01 PM
It's looping again Keith from half way through the first lap of the F2

Terry Bridges
13-Jun-09, 02:03 PM
I'm only getting the first lap of F2.

millig4182
13-Jun-09, 02:06 PM
Just started to loop again here in Ireland Keith, on last lap of F2.

Joe

Keith Oakley
13-Jun-09, 02:14 PM
Thanks for feedback I'm going off air for a bit to see if I can sort anything. The racing is also seriously suffering from red flags but no injuries
I'll post when its on again
Keith

millig4182
13-Jun-09, 02:42 PM
Don't know if it's connected Keith but my PC just had a major crash at the same time as Dan, it took several re-boots to get it sorted with lots of warnings from Norton. Sound is good but loops after Barry asks for feedback.
Joe

Keith Oakley
13-Jun-09, 02:51 PM
Thanks - the Vodafone uplink speed is very variable so I've dropped down to audio only at present, but even that is looping back. I'm awaiting a response from the server co.
Keith

millig4182
13-Jun-09, 03:10 PM
Managed to hear to the end of the F1 race Keith so now off to work on Steve's craft, do you know if you will be able to post the results at the end of the day.
Thanks for all the effort you've put in today.
Joe

deacon2391
13-Jun-09, 03:28 PM
Getting commentary but no pictures!

Zoe D

Baz Hunt
13-Jun-09, 04:02 PM
Hi Keith. Even lost audio now. Should we rename the site Bother Valley?

Keith Oakley
13-Jun-09, 04:34 PM
I've given up for today. The Vodafone uplink is varying considerably and the Frankfurt server doesn't seem to be able to cope with that.
I'll try to post some pointstables on the link from the Live page at the end of racing.
Keith

Baz Hunt
13-Jun-09, 04:41 PM
Thanks for your efforts today Keith. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully better uplink conditions.

Keith Oakley
13-Jun-09, 04:50 PM
The uplink speed has just shot up (suspicious it did same thing at 530 yesterday!) So we're going to cover the last Open Race
Keith

atters
13-Jun-09, 05:42 PM
it s saying 3g is available everywhere, how then can I not connect to it, is there a way to force it too. AAAAAAHHHHHH :mad: Frustration.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Oakley
13-Jun-09, 06:07 PM
3G is a very variable beast. Even if the coverage map says your ok, and even if you have a good radio signal as we have here, if someone else is making heavy use of the local network your speed goes down. (then up again at 530 when they pack up and go home?) Lets see if 'they' are at work tomorrow!
What is a further prob is that if the link is unreliable the server in Frankfurt can get screwed up so it keeps showing the same 10mins or so in a loop, as happened this afternoon. The server co have acknowledged they need to make their bit more bulletproof in the face of probs elsewhere.
Pointstables and laptimes are up -follow links at top of live page - careful we've done a fair amount of manual timing today (times marked with '!')
See ya tomorrow - its barby time
Keith

Terry Bridges
14-Jun-09, 09:12 AM
Hi Keith,

How is it looking for today?

Keith Oakley
14-Jun-09, 09:12 AM
Greetings from a bright sunny Rother sunday morning. Right now we have good broadband speed - lets see if 'they' wake up later! I'm streaming one camera at present - more when other cameramen wake up.
First race scheduled for 1130 start. Hopefully we'll be live all day
Keith

millig4182
14-Jun-09, 11:33 AM
Great coverage today Keith, Pat is lapscoring from the sofa if you need backup :-))

Keith Oakley
14-Jun-09, 11:45 AM
Thanks all the girls in Race Control say hi - do you want some carrot cake?
Keith

millig4182
14-Jun-09, 11:57 AM
Yes please, I've got Barrys Magners here it' nice & cold ;-)

Pat

pest619
14-Jun-09, 12:25 PM
Ive been watching today whilst working on my craft with one arm in a cast. Great F1 race and it looks like it would have been perfect conditions for my F3..!

Pete

Keith Oakley
14-Jun-09, 12:30 PM
Great days racing so far. Now lunchbreak next race 1420
Keith

millig4182
14-Jun-09, 01:07 PM
Keith,
Todays coverage is the best I've seen so far, no breakup & sound is excellent, also the layout of Rother is great for following the action.
But where is the Barrycam.
Joe

deacon2391
14-Jun-09, 02:53 PM
good coverage today :)

well done broni!! we were cheering you all the way !!!

great racing

from team pink x

Brian G. Reynolds
15-Jun-09, 08:17 PM
I must say you certainly do some good work for the good of all of us Keith!

What with you and Barry, what more could we wish for!

As always a big thank you to you both!

Brian.

griffi5686
16-Jun-09, 08:32 AM
Hi Keith,

I just wanted to say thanks for all of your efforts - On Sunday my kids were able to watch me race over the internet. What a great way to get people involved who cannot be on site.

Thanks again,

Andy

atters
17-Jun-09, 05:18 PM
Kieth !!!!!

I found some 3G on the farm at last, YES. :D:D:D

When will rother's replay be posted.?

Keith Oakley
17-Jun-09, 10:33 PM
Replay for sundays Rother event will be on web but not sure when - I'm in US at present!
Keith