gavinparson
28-Jun-09, 08:08 PM
Contemplating the clues
9 craft at Gillingham
Bob on the rocks
The "Hunters" with the winners Bryan and Jon
Hovercraft paddock at Kent Boat and Ski Club
Team Newton

The Battle of Britain memorial flight flew over as part of the National Armed Forces Day. See if you can spot Ian Brooks! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7riAxhrJlE

Jon Pert
29-Jun-09, 07:12 AM
I would just like to thank Gav for putting on a fantastic event, must have taken ages to put together.

I haven't done so much running and walking since getting my car license!! Me and Chalk running down Rochester high street in shorts and lifejackets must have looked slightly odd!

A few highlights from Team Wack (me and Bryan):
Bryan approaching the pier like the marines to pick me up while under the watchful eye of the river police who had given us 10 minutes to get out of the area!

Taking a 'shortcut' on Sunday that kept getting narrower and narrower until we had to turn round so making it a 'longcut'.

Asking the helpful lady at the Guildhall for some info, "I'll just radio some colleagues" she says, "I've got two youn.....I mean two gentlemen here needing to know...". It's official we know do not look young! :(

Having fun on the mud flats, gullies aplenty!!

Winning the Treasure after a 500metre sprint. My legs are aching like hell today!!

Fantastic weather for hovercrafting. No major breakdowns just goes to show how reliable the craft are getting now. Great venue, bar, showers etc. Would like to say a big thanks to the boatclub for their hospitality.

Again, thanks to Gav and all the people who contributed to our Treasure, aarrrrr! :D

Linda Taylor
29-Jun-09, 06:02 PM
Congratulations Jon and Bryan on your win.

Linda

Winst
29-Jun-09, 07:44 PM
Again, thanks to Gav and all the people who contributed to our Treasure, aarrrrr! :D

So what was in the chest?

gavinparson
29-Jun-09, 11:29 PM

A few items were in the runners-up prize

Jon Pert
30-Jun-09, 07:44 AM
There were definitely 9 cannons on the shore though Gav...:p

scott tilley
30-Jun-09, 12:50 PM
Thanks Gavin pat on the back very well organised event.
we realy enjoyed it thank you :)
From the tilley family

Jon Pert
30-Jun-09, 07:36 PM
A few pics:

A bit of joke slaying going on there but who slayed the joke???

The winning craft!

AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Treasure!!!

Ian Brooks
30-Jun-09, 07:38 PM
Cracking event - very well organised. Cheers Gavin!

Ian

Bryan
1-Jul-09, 04:12 PM
AAAARRRRR Captain White returning with treasure from cruising the Medway. Cheers to my partner in crime John Pert who's endless chuckles through my headset made the weekend a 9.5 on the grinometer.
Great thanks to Gavin who must have worked hard to put this together.
I know it was a cracking weekend because i,m still knackered.
Maybe next year there will be more experienced and proven craft who are up for a challenge.
Nice one Gavin.

gavinparson
1-Jul-09, 06:24 PM
Maybe next year there will be more experienced and proven craft who are up for a challenge.

Next year???????? :eek::eek::eek:

Ian Brooks
1-Jul-09, 07:47 PM
Yep. You know that once you do one, you're committed... seems like that to me anyway!

Ian

Keith Oakley
1-Jul-09, 09:21 PM
You'll have to find some more history Gav - or can we rely on the alcoholic haze rubbing out memories of this years answers. Well done
Keith

campbe5177
1-Jul-09, 11:35 PM
Video of treasure hunt here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8T2Mm2fBiw
Worth viewing to see Brian's victory dance
Many thanks again Gavin
Chris, Liz & Jenny

Jon Pert
2-Jul-09, 12:07 PM
I have just thought of the only bad thing about the weekend.

Someone (who will remain nameless Seth) mistook me for Russ Pullen! http://www.jonrb.com/emoticons/Doh2.gif http://www.jonrb.com/emoticons/grumpy.gif

searle5077
2-Jul-09, 06:35 PM
Thanks Gav, great weekend. Not sure who the miserable so & so is on the youtube footage protesting about Chalk & Mr Pert's success on making the final, I'm sure I (I mean he) had good reason. Only joking and well done to the worthy winners.
Out of necessity I discovered a top tip for getting unstuck when straddling a mud gully, consequently no aircushion. It was the sort of mud whereby if you try to walk on it you're quickly up to your knee's or worse. Put 1 light as a feather 9 year old daughter in control of the throttle, take one tunnel seat cover from Vortex 3+ and place on mud, stand 2 adults on the seat cover and push. Absolutely no sinking in the mud and the lips of the tunnel seat provide phenomenal grip to push against. Get back out to the water and wash the seat cover. Job done.

Cheers
Chris

P.S. At times security was a little tight...