PDA

View Full Version : Live from Claydon this weekend

Keith Oakley
17-Jul-09, 02:00 PM
Greetings from an overcast Claydon where the course has been laid out, the internet connection is working well at present and lots of craft are arriving - so the stage is set for a great weekend of UK National Hovercraft racing - live TV coverage on www.live.raceresults.info (http://www.live.raceresults.info)
from around 11.00am UK time saturday and sunday.

Keith Oakley

rawson5405
17-Jul-09, 06:17 PM
Hi Kieth
I would be gratefull if the members were informed that we Roger & pam coudnt make it to claydon.I have paid for a meal so put the money in the kitty if poss.We will miss it but im sure you will all have a great time (weather permitting).hope to log on and watch on the net.I have photos for micky but will have to bring them to gang warily now.
All the best and have a good weekend wish we was there
Cheers
Roger & Pam
RLR Digital

Keith Oakley
18-Jul-09, 10:40 AM
It's a sunny but windy morning and practice is underway. Both audio and video are now on. Sorry about the background hiss on the audio.
Racing starts at 1310
Keith

rawson5405
18-Jul-09, 12:35 PM
Great pics good coverage here in wisbech wish we were there.Barry very clear commentry congrats on the coverage
Roger and pam

mart366
18-Jul-09, 01:36 PM
Update -
Watching this on my mobile :thumb:

Now that a flash player is available :thumb:

its very good quality, as its suited to a phone sized screen

Interestingly though, there a slight lag from watching on the big screen (lappy) and on the phone... 3-5 secs..

Yet the feed is from the same router.... ( both off the home feed)

Mart

mart366
18-Jul-09, 01:42 PM
Camera feed looking down the lake, looks like its slightly susceptible to a bit of RFI, lots of interference

rest of the feeds are rock solid

Mart

mart366
18-Jul-09, 02:53 PM
oops feeds crashed,,,,some audio, but just random static

Mart

mart366
18-Jul-09, 03:03 PM
back up now :)

Mart

Keith Oakley
18-Jul-09, 04:36 PM
Apologies for the 10min break - we lost the internet! Currently we're using 4 cameras - 2 cabled and 2 wireless. The quality is poorer on the wireless but you can get to other parts of the course!
Keith

Keith Oakley
19-Jul-09, 08:58 AM
Good morning from a damp Claydon. Great 'Best of British' party last night - fantastic costumes!
First race 1130 - hangovers permitting
Keith

Keith Oakley
19-Jul-09, 11:06 AM
Apologies for the break in service this morning just as the first race was about to start! -our internet connection fell over.
Back on now but its a bit of a challenge keeping the cameras/cameraman dry!
Keith

Keith Oakley
19-Jul-09, 12:12 PM
We just had another lengthy internet prob but its back on just in time for first open race.
Keith

Keith Oakley
19-Jul-09, 02:20 PM
Continuing problems with the internet link but its up at present!!
Keith

Keith Oakley
19-Jul-09, 03:22 PM
Racing now finished - sorry about the dropouts today but you'll be able to see a recording of this weekend on the replay servic, plus points and lapcharts in a couple of days time.
Keith