PDA

View Full Version : Lift issues. from new member.

abzfab
25-Jul-09, 04:08 PM
Hi i am very new to hovering. if thats what you call it. I have recently purchased an eagle f1 lookalike with a lift engine conversion. However it seems very heavy in the front end and struggles in slightly rough ground. Any ideas? The pitch of the fan blades for the lift seem quite flat. could they be ajusted??

kevthehover
25-Jul-09, 04:18 PM
Hi

Try this K&M products he will be able to help you with Eagle crafts.

Kens website is www.kmproducts.co.uk (http://www.kmproducts.co.uk)

Kind reguards

Kev

abzfab
26-Jul-09, 10:08 AM
Yeah can try that. The craft was initially built to eagle one plans but the lift engine was added as an afterthought so i think thats the problem.

Jon Pert
27-Jul-09, 07:10 AM
If it's the one off of ebay then I should think the retro-fit lift engine is the problem.

I would take it off and get the craft back to standard. Talk to Ken for a bit of advice or ask some more questions on this board.

If you get it back to an Eagle 1 then you will have some fun with it.

sweetm2369
27-Jul-09, 12:35 PM
Hello, lets have some more info!
Have you a picture you can post?
What lift engine is fitted?
What rpm does it rev to at present?
What is the lift fan size?
How many blades?
Jon - lets see exactly what is fitted before taking it apart!

Kind regards
Derek Sweetman

atters
27-Jul-09, 01:03 PM
Aaaaaw man, that's the best part (taking it apart)

Its normally the putting together that gets me, always seem to have bits left that I know came off, but cant remember from where...:o

abzfab
27-Jul-09, 04:06 PM
Hmm not sure but will find out think it was previously used on a cricket ground so the builder never had lift issues.. Shall be at it tomorrow to get a right look at the engine but the guy had a site documenting the build called ringo1.com if your intefested cheers rob

curtis5420
31-Jul-09, 03:53 PM
thats the one off ebay :( blue thing.