PDA

View Full Version : setting blade pitch

abzfab
29-Jul-09, 07:03 PM
hi quick question. How do i set the prop pitch ( which i have no info for ) on my lift engine. the blades have no marks/ grooves or anything the blade hub ends are just round male socket type things have a pic but no idea how to upload HAHA

broad5186
30-Jul-09, 08:47 AM
it's best to set a fan up by trial and error, find a pitch that gives you the revs you want from the engine i.e. peak power - i couldn't tell you what angle my blades are set to, i set it to suit my engine revs

i measure the distance from the leading edge to the split line in the hub, set them to the same angle - the revs of the lift engine will tell you wether you are under or over pitched, adjust accordingly, be aware +-2mm of pitch makes significant differences

hope that helps

tony

KipMac
30-Jul-09, 06:22 PM
Yep Tony is right.
However, we always used a pair of dividers which is less fiddly than a rule.
Set them coarse and then come back until you have reached the engine RPM you want.
I also never knew my pitch angle.
Once you have set your drive ratio it's irrelevant.
Regards,
Kip.

Jon Pert
30-Jul-09, 07:10 PM
have a pic but no idea how to upload HAHA

Post a reply to this message and if you scroll down under the box where you type your reply you will see a button called Manage Attachments. Click that and then upload your picture. Submit your reply and we can all look at your pic. :)