PDA

View Full Version : Sheppey Cruise Sept 12/13th

KipMac
13-Aug-09, 05:56 PM
Sheppey Cruise Sat / Sunday 12-13th September.

The cruise weekend will take place again at the Long Reach Ski Club premises which are very easy to find. (Arenít they Mr Curtis)?
The compound comprises of an easy slip and a pontoon leading directly on to the Swale which is the section of water that makes Sheppey an island.
At this point the area is fairly protected from the weather and in an ideal site for the first timer to try out their skills in a controlled environment.

Those that have been before will also know that it is the doorway to Godís gift to the hovercraft world. The River Medway.

An easy and popular trip is to Whitstable for the inevitable pub lunch or turn left and go on forever.

Saturday will be a do as you please day where hopefully we can help out newbieís, etc.

On Sunday at around 11am I will be looking for hovercraft and boats to take part in an organised charity trip.
I am involved as a part time mini bus driver for a visually impaired group called Mowolif. (Men only women occasionally let in free!! )
I also organise a 4 x 4 day for them which is great fun.
We are always looking for experiences that involve other senses apart from sight and a previous hovercraft day out in Shoreham is still talked about as a highlight.

The intention is to take them for a trip to near Upnor Castle in the Medway where there is a private slip we can use for them to disembark where they will then go to the pub for a lunch.
After they have been dropped off at the pub you will be free to do your own thing as the minibus will collect them from there.
Some of our members are partially disabled, in fact our guvner, Eric has tin legs but that doesnít stop him.

Obviously it would help me if you would contact me to offer your services for this trip so that I can match numbers.

There is hard standing for motor homes and a small area for tents.
A toilet block and skip are on sight plus a burger bar is a permanent fixture.
Barbeque facilities for Saturday night but bring your own grub.

The weekend is open to all but as condition of our use of the site all craft must be insured.
There will be a fee of £5.00 per person per night which will go entirely to Delmelza House a Hospice for children.
Please can I ask that you voluntarily come to me to pay up as last year it was too much like hard work!!!!
Low tide on Saturday is 11.45 which is ideal.

Please contact me via kip3@blueyonder.co.uk (kip3@blueyonder.co.uk) to let me know numbers of craft, people and camping requirements and if you will volunteer for the Upnor trip.

How to get there on the next post.

Regards to All,

Kip

KipMac
20-Aug-09, 05:52 PM
Sheppey Update.

One week on, 56 lookers at posting.
One reply to say may not make it.
One prompted reply to say could attend on Sunday only.

Looks as though I could be a bit lonely on the Saturday.

If you are coming then please LET ME KNOW.

Regrds, Kip

kevthehover
20-Aug-09, 07:34 PM
Hi Kip,

Sadie and I would love to come down on The Sheppy Cruise cant wait to see you all there.http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/icon10.gif

Ian Brooks
21-Aug-09, 08:35 PM
I want to come - but not sure I can make just yet, I'll let you know...
Ian

Jon Pert
23-Aug-09, 11:12 AM
Hi Kip,

I would be there in a flash but it's Tracey's 30th birthday on the Monday and we are having a birthday bash at the race meeting that weekend so as much as I would love to come down, I think the suggestion of me going would probably end up with the relocation of my man-bits somewhere in the region of my chest, or removed altogether!

Have a good one and see you soon. http://www.jonrb.com/emoticons/thumbup.gif

Bryan
23-Aug-09, 11:18 AM
Hi Kip i,m busy throwing spanners in the air and its looking good so count me in Sat and Sun.

KipMac
24-Aug-09, 06:28 PM
Nice one Bryan. See what a bit of positive mental attitude does for you!
Thanks Kev and Sadie. Glad your having a break from Norfolk.
However I am thinking that I may have to cancel the Charity Run on Sunday as I have to make a final decision this Wednesday night which is the last Mowolif meeting before the event and I only have one craft I can count on.
Regards,

Kip

kevthehover
24-Aug-09, 06:48 PM
Are there no reliable hovercrafts in the Kent area then Kip?http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/icon10.gif

gavinparson
24-Aug-09, 09:11 PM
Are there no reliable hovercrafts in the Kent area then Kip?http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/icon10.gif

We've all sold them. There's quite a few in mothballs too.

KipMac
27-Aug-09, 08:13 AM
How to get to Sheppey. ( North Kent )
Just about everyone will either cross or be on the M20 or M2.
They both cross over the A249.
Follow the A249 North towards Sheerness.
You will see in plenty of time the new bridge to the island.
You DO NOT go over the bridge as just before it starts to rise there is a left turn.
At the mini roundabout ,turn left then immediately turn right.
You will then see your destination which is just to the left of the brdge on the river front.

I am off for a few days .
If you need to contact me please call me on 077920 56552.

I have cancelled the Charity Run on Sunday but I am sure weather permitting it will be be a great weekend.
Please feel free to come along with or without craft especially if you are a newbie.
I am fairly sure you will get the chance to get your bum on a craft.

Regards to All,

Kip

Ross Floyd
27-Aug-09, 08:43 AM
How did you arrange the PLI for the charity run ? - I'm looking at doing this and would be interested to know how you approached the Ins co!

Thanks

Ross

campbe5177
27-Aug-09, 09:19 AM
Hi Kip,
Put the Campbells down for at least one two-seater craft with a motorhome. Sorry about the delay - trying to get everything mended after The Raid before saying that we would come.
Best Regards
Chris

Ian Brooks
31-Aug-09, 10:07 AM
Hi

We'll be there flying the flag for SevTec ... probably turn up early Sat morning to avoid the M25 nightmare... looking forward to it.

One craft and one van...

Ian

kevthehover
2-Sep-09, 08:09 AM
Only a fews days to go! yeah cant wait hover all ready to go.

Kev http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/icon10.gif

newton3458
3-Sep-09, 07:53 PM
hi kip all things being equal i will be there for the two days ,looking forward to visiting "gods" own hovercrafting patch again
regards franklin

newton3458
3-Sep-09, 08:40 PM
hi kip just to confirm i will be attending the sheppey cruise event 1craft and the motorhome many thanks franklin newton

Bryan
4-Sep-09, 04:01 PM
Hey Mr Newton will that Hov R float with all that polish on it !!!!!. See you there mate.

Jon Pert
4-Sep-09, 04:10 PM
Depends how many Polish he is bringing. ;)

kevthehover
8-Sep-09, 07:48 AM
Looks like the weather is going to be fine Kip see you Friday night

Kev

KipMac
8-Sep-09, 09:20 AM
Just got back from holiday.
Great to see the postings.
I have arranged that the weather will be perfect.
Glad to see a few newbies coming (any one know who this Franklin is??).
See you all soon.
Kip

kevthehover
8-Sep-09, 10:10 AM
Quote!

"I have arranged that the weather will be perfect".

Im also known as God in my spare time .................. lol http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/images/icons/icon10.gif

KipMac
8-Sep-09, 06:05 PM
Oh for spare time my son.

gavinparson
8-Sep-09, 10:14 PM
We always have good weather here in Kent, that's why some of us live here.
How's the rain in Scotland John? must be bored with it now! :lol:

John Robertson
9-Sep-09, 07:31 AM
How's the rain in Scotland John? must be bored with it now! :lol:Rain? What rain? It hasn't rained for more than 24 hours now - it must be summer again :)

We always have good weather here in Kent ...Is that so? Doesn't look that way at the moment.....

Looks to me like the best hovering weather is up this end of the country for the next few days!

Never mind - I know you flatland guys can't live without the M25 and all that lovely brown water :D

kevthehover
9-Sep-09, 08:32 AM
Another nice day in Norfolk yesterday 76 degrees

And not a kilt in sight ..... lol

gavinparson
9-Sep-09, 09:21 PM
He he, there were 2 or 3 spots of rain today- nothing more. just enough to take the edge of the heat. It didn't turn to proper rain though.
Wherever you are, seize the moment if the weather's nice. :D

KipMac
10-Sep-09, 06:47 AM
For Gods sake(oops!!) for my sake.
We are even reduced to talking about the weather!!

Kip

Keith Oakley
10-Sep-09, 09:10 AM
Entirely appropriate - we are British! What else is there to talk about?
Keith

atters
10-Sep-09, 01:46 PM
Nice here today...

also where I'll be testing the craft, when its done.

na na..... na na...............naaaaa............na

firth5731
10-Sep-09, 02:20 PM
is there any nasties lurking around where you will be testing?

gavinparson
11-Sep-09, 05:20 AM
Shipping Forecast

Sat-Sun

Wind Northerly or northeasterly 3 or 4, occasionally 5 in south
Sea state Slight or moderate.
Weather Mainly fair.
Visibility Moderate or good.

Could be sporty near Shellness or Deadmans Island.

atters
11-Sep-09, 06:52 AM
Only a few Cattle, maybe a native or two. Plus its only about 5 min away.

There are quite a lot of rocks, but must are under the 6" rang, just need to lookout for the odd bigger one.

firth5731
11-Sep-09, 08:19 PM
to everyone going i wish you all have a good and safe time.
i hope the weather gods smile on you.
have fun.

newton3458
15-Sep-09, 02:35 PM
hi kip
thanks very much for all your effort and organisation at the weekend I really enjoyed the cruise the whole weekend was brilliant.
give my regards to the boss hope to see you soon
regards franklin