PDA

View Full Version : where can i get

curtis5420
23-Aug-09, 02:47 PM
hi

where can i get, flat sheets of fibre glass, with a gel coat on one side.

thanks

kevthehover
23-Aug-09, 05:03 PM
what size do you want?

curtis5420
23-Aug-09, 06:56 PM
a couple of 8x4 sheets would be good, but at least 600mm wide, about 5 plus meters of it.

crazykp55
24-Aug-09, 11:01 AM
since we are on the subject of where can I get..... where can I get plans for a scat hovercraft? Been searching hi and low. If not plans, does anyone know where I can get a used body? Would appreciate any help.

John Robertson
24-Aug-09, 11:30 AM
.... where can I get plans for a scat hovercraft?

As you probably know Scat was a commercially manufactured craft so you won't find any plans (in any case you would need the mold tooling to make one). Second hand craft do sometimes come up for sale in your country.

Why do you particularly want a Scat - from what I've been told by owners, they weren't exactly a great hovercraft design (apparently they had a vicious plough-in problem)?

Jon Pert
24-Aug-09, 01:27 PM
since we are on the subject of where can I get..... where can I get plans for a scat hovercraft? Been searching hi and low. If not plans, does anyone know where I can get a used body? Would appreciate any help.

After speaking with Kip (the designer) a few weeks back I think there are only 2 or 3 actual Scats in the UK. They were made for the American leisure market and that's where they stayed. The ones in the UK are with owners who probably do not want to part with them.

You could get an Osprey 1, fundamentally the same craft but improved on the Scat.

What are you planning to do with the craft? Race or Cruise? If cruising where do you plan to operate?

KipMac
24-Aug-09, 06:19 PM
NO, they didn't have a plough in problem any more than any other craft.
Kip.

John Robertson
24-Aug-09, 07:32 PM
NO, they didn't have a plough in problem any more than any other craft.
Kip.

No - of course they didn't Kip, it's just a malicious rumour spread around by ill-advised owners who should know better ;)

KipMac
25-Aug-09, 06:20 PM
Right on the button. Couldn't agree more.
Kip

crazykp55
31-Aug-09, 06:22 AM
WOW guys, Thanks for the help. You have opened my eyes. I realize with the plow in problems on the scat design and a lack of resourses for the craft, I am gonna hold off on building untill I can researsh enough to figure out how to build my own craft. The osprey looks similar to the scat yes, but does it have the same plough in problems. I designed my own craft and built a model but not queit sure if I am going about it the right way. I have founf that I can make my own molds for the hull and was told it might not be too complicated with a little help from someone who knows how to fiberglass. Oh well, we will see in a few weeks. I will keep you all updated on my progress with detailed pics. If this project doesnt go as planned, is there somewhere I can get plans or a kit for the osprey design? Thanks again for all your help.

crazykp55
31-Aug-09, 06:23 AM
I am looking for a 10 footer or smaller if possible.

what size do you want?