PDA

View Full Version : Motorhome

Ross Floyd
25-Aug-09, 01:07 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations for a motorhome we can use for hovercrafting? It needs to tow well, have a decent shower and a minimum of 2 berths.

Any must have/dont touch ideas appreciated.

Ross

firth5731
25-Aug-09, 03:39 PM
i am converting my old transit as we speak.
even if it is a disaster it will be better than my tent

tall4999
26-Aug-09, 02:19 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations for a motorhome we can use for hovercrafting? It needs to tow well, have a decent shower and a minimum of 2 berths.

Any must have/dont touch ideas appreciated.

Ross

First check you driving licence, you may be limited to 3.5t (not really a problem unless you want an American RV!).
I spent a long time thinking about and looking at Motorhomes, I would suggest that you go for one that:
1) You can get in without forcing anyone aside (many have a door that opens into the kitchen area)
2) Has an enclosed Bathroom I.e. fibreglass floor, wall & ceiling.
3) Fits on your drive....

Depending on your trailer you may need space for hovercrafting stuff, in which case look at those with 'garages'. I remember Dan Turnbull telling me he measured the underseat storage areas to find one which could accommodate upright Jerrycans!

I'd love to know which Manufacturers are most highly rated by hovercrafters, (and why!)

Potentially an incredibly useful thread!

Ross Floyd
26-Aug-09, 10:37 PM
Thanks - driving licence is no issue as I passed in 1975 !!

A big shower is a must - I've seen one with an enclosed circular door that looked useful.

Hadn't considered crashing into Gill while she is cooking!!! OOOOPS!

R

atters
27-Aug-09, 06:06 AM
Top Gear had a nice one on a few years ago, the one that had the car under it, maybe just take the car out, chuck all your Hoverstuff and craft in there.

I think it was in the 1.2 mil range.