PDA

View Full Version : Trailer specs

atters
16-Sep-09, 01:53 PM
Hi, has anyone got any plans or specs on this kind of trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpwmt3gvCiY

firth5731
16-Sep-09, 03:28 PM
if you find it let me know that is the coolest thing i have seen in ages

KipMac
16-Sep-09, 03:38 PM
As Vera Lynn would say, I don't know where or when but I have seen this on a plant hire trailer for equipment like powered rollers.
Maybe thats a route to follow.
Kip

Ross Floyd
16-Sep-09, 05:04 PM
Dixon Bate used to make a hydraulic one for plant - but massively heavier than that one! Possibly had the same design ?

R

Ian Brooks
16-Sep-09, 06:01 PM
How cool is that?

Just a little winch and a lever

"Give me a fulcrum and I will move the Earth"

Ian

curtis5420
16-Sep-09, 06:29 PM
its the same principle used on car towing dolleys, i almost bought one from ebay, to cut up and make a trailer. not that i thought about doing that with it.

atters
17-Sep-09, 08:42 AM
My friend and I looked at it about 20 times and have an idea how it all works, but the front is a bit tricky it looks like. Maybe a shock o something in there and then how would it lock, I would not want all that weight just on a steel cable.

The plan is to fiddle with my flatbed to get it to do the same, but a plan would be good.

This is an american guy I think, anyone know of anyone from there who could help out?

atters
17-Sep-09, 09:46 AM
Found this:

http://roadkingoutdoors.com/trailers.html

Philip
17-Sep-09, 10:55 AM
Hi Atters, I've converted my flat trailer to a tilt bed so that I can easily unload and load the craft on my own without uncoupling the trailer. Lowering the trailer bed flat on the ground is an unneeded complication. I'm sure even a Sevtec:):) could fly off/on to my trailer. I'll get a vid of it during the weekend. Philip

atters
17-Sep-09, 01:01 PM
Yes, Mine is also tilt, but flat is so much better, now you can land on the trailer and fix skirts without being in the mud or maybe you have a Quad, this is much better than a tilting one for that, I can say that the tilt works well, but a flat would be better, plus then you do not have to worry about hovering a little back as you come off cushion.