PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to buy: F1 or F2 craft

schlimpie
19-Oct-09, 12:01 PM
Looking for an used F1 or F2 craft to buy.
Christian

Jon Pert
19-Oct-09, 01:15 PM
Hi and welcome.

Are you planning on racing it in our national race series?

If you are then you will be looking for an F2 craft because as a Novice you cannot race in Formula 1.

You can however buy an F1 craft and convert it to F1X by replacing the thrust engine with a 500cc air cooled engine to do your novices. When you have completed your novices and the set number of qualified national races you can then swap back to the F1 thrust engine (whatever one it came with) and race in F1.

Good luck!

schlimpie
19-Oct-09, 01:59 PM
Thanks for your information!
It is true, I would like to start to join competitions and I am still learning how to get in this kind of sport... So I am happy about any help and information! Thank you!

Jon Pert
19-Oct-09, 02:10 PM
Where are you based in the world? It will help us give you better information.

schlimpie
19-Oct-09, 03:28 PM
I am based in Munich, Germany.

schlimpie
19-Oct-09, 03:49 PM
My mail: christian.marks@musix.de or +49 72 850 08 49

Keith Oakley
19-Oct-09, 03:53 PM
Good guy to contact is Mike Rausch of the German Hoverclub who is also in the Munich area and can advise on German requirements - email him on Rausch 'at' luftkissen.de
Keith

Jon Pert
19-Oct-09, 03:57 PM
If you are racing in the European Championship then I think you can do Novice Formula 1.

As Keith says, give Mike Rausch an email.

http://www.europeanhovercraftfederation.org/member_countries.php

schlimpie
20-Oct-09, 08:51 PM
Thanks Keith, thanks Jon,
I had a good conversation with Mike Rausch and will follow up all these questions.
Thanks for this uncomplicated help for a newcomer!

Keith Oakley
20-Oct-09, 09:22 PM
Look forward to seeing you racing in Europe (and maybe the Towcester Worlds) next summer
Keith