PDA

View Full Version : Training Event

Ross Floyd
22-Jan-10, 06:50 PM
We have a provisional date for the training event just outside Bristol ( Abbots Leigh ).

10th April.

Final confirmation soon but if you want to come, please reply to the thread asap - spaces will be limited.

There may be a cruise for candidates on Sunday 11th on the Severn subject to WX.

Cost in the region of 25 per pilot.

All this to be confirmed shortly but this is an initial heads up!

Ross

daveisom1
27-Jan-10, 12:37 PM
Hi Ross

Please can you put my name on the list.

Thanks

Dave

Ross Floyd
27-Jan-10, 07:09 PM
THE EVENT IS ON - land is booked for training and we are in business.

Ian has more details under the whats on section (click HERE (http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=94&day=2010-4-10)).

Ross

Thanks for the link! R

KevinT
31-Jan-10, 10:31 PM
Hi Ross/Ian
Not sure if our message via the form was received OK. Is the attendee list being published on the website?

Regards
Kevin and Carla

Ross Floyd
1-Feb-10, 10:26 AM
Ian ??

Ross

Ian Brooks
1-Feb-10, 10:35 PM
Sorry guys - got the message will get back to you...
Ian

Ian Brooks
11-Feb-10, 09:37 PM
Everything is in place now...

Venue near Bristol for Saturday classroom & handling training, Sunday cruise from Berkeley on the River Severn, a stunning opportunity for the newcomer to experience the premier hovering location in the UK (Ok ok I am a little biased!)

Ian

Details in Calendar (http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2010-4-10&c=1)

falconer
12-Feb-10, 09:40 AM
Well done Ian, did you have a price for the event, I need to save on brownie points and allowance credits :-)

Ian Brooks
12-Feb-10, 05:30 PM
Well done Ian, did you have a price for the event, I need to save on brownie points and allowance credits :-)

Hi

25 per trainee...

Ian

Ian Brooks
15-Feb-10, 08:36 PM
Hi

Looking like a good field - 8 trainees signed up so far.

We can still take a couple more, so let me know it you're interested.

I'll be sending a confirmation to everyone on my list tonight, so if you've indicated interest but don't get a message, contact me again.

Cheers!
Ian

firth5731
19-Mar-10, 07:06 AM
any places left for a craft shakedown.

watchbuyeruk
20-Mar-10, 05:26 PM
hi
i havent received my confirmation email yet, i put my name down ages ago.
gary

Ian Brooks
20-Mar-10, 06:21 PM
Hi

I seem to have had some emails go astray... so I've confirmed places again via the BB to the attendees. If anyone who is coming, does not get a confirmation, please let me know.

I'll issue directions etc the weekend before the event.

We've got a fantastic cruise planned on Sunday - keep your fingers crossed for good weather.

Ian

Ross Floyd
20-Mar-10, 10:45 PM
Some of you may know that Ian has agreed that a young lad who lost his Dad at the end of last year in traumatic circumstances, can come on the course and do the training for a PLS1. He can use my craft.

Gill & I met him at a public demo in Clevedon a couple of years ago and the family helped us load the craft back on the trailer and the following year they helped marshal the event. They are a really nice family and he is really looking forward to it, so please can everyone make him welcome - I know you all will, but no harm in a bit of background info.

On the Sunday, he and his Mum would both like to come on the cruise. I know a couple of people have offered seats but this is just a reminder.

Thanks

Ross