PDA

View Full Version : If its not broke, well lets fix it anyway...

atters
4-Feb-10, 11:56 AM
www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-design/hovercr (http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-design/hovercraft)...

Not sure I would have messed up this perfectly working craft like this. Maybe its better now, but I wouldn't think so.

Spose I am the wrong man to comment... but anyone got something to say?

Jon Pert
4-Feb-10, 12:20 PM
but anyone got something to say?

Yep, your link doesn't work!:p

KipMac
4-Feb-10, 05:29 PM
As you said, Jon let's fix it any way.
Your the man!
Kip

atters
5-Feb-10, 12:05 PM
It would appear that that thread has suddenly vanished. :eek:

Its that guy with the Red Scatt who thinks a home made skirt would work better than the one it was designed for, the craft ends up looking a lot like a rubber duck than any kind of hover.

Jon Pert
5-Feb-10, 12:11 PM
Oh, that Kach bloke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJo1l6sudzI

Think he was on here once wasn't he??

ETA: Yep, he was on the old old board! http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/showthread.php?t=19571&highlight=kach22i

Philip
5-Feb-10, 12:56 PM
the craft ends up looking a lot like a rubber duck than any kind of hover. And you'r building a Sevtec !!! LOL. Dont knock this guy, he put a huge amount of work into designing a better skirt to suit his needs and also did a lot of work on such things as noise reduction from the splitter plate. Philip

Jon Pert
5-Feb-10, 01:00 PM
And you'r building a Sevtec !!! LOL. Dont knock this guy, he put a huge amount of work into designing a better skirt to suit his needs and also did a lot of work on such things as noise reduction from the splitter plate. Philip

He did indeed. Wonder what happened to the craft. His last video uploads on youtube were in 2008.

Maybe he's seen the light and ordered a GP??

Still miffed I didn't have the cash at the time for the GP you've now got Phil :mad:

Philip
5-Feb-10, 01:17 PM
He did indeed. Wonder what happened to the craft. His last video uploads on youtube were in 2008.

Maybe he's seen the light and ordered a GP??

Still miffed I didn't have the cash at the time for the GP you've now got Phil :mad:

Think I've seen him on one of the 'merican sites. The GP, of course its for sale, just bring enough cash in any currency. Some of it is scattered around the shed at the moment for minor mods and an overall service. I'm modifing the cooling on the Briggs to extract approx 2.764 cubic metres per second more hot air from the engine bay( made that bit up but it sounds good). Philip

Ian Brooks
5-Feb-10, 03:40 PM
. I'm modifing the cooling on the Briggs to extract approx 2.764 cubic metres per second more hot air from the engine bay Philip

You're cutting that a bit fine aren't you? If you exceed 2.765 cu m/s, as everyone knows, the vortex generator will get sucked in to the impulse drive and the whole thing will disappear into infinite improbability with a 'pop', possibly leaving you stranded...

Ian :lol:

curtis5420
5-Feb-10, 04:20 PM
hes missing a strong Brownian Motion producer for that to work effectively!

Philip
5-Feb-10, 04:56 PM
Not at all I always have a couple of six packs of Carlsberg in the fridge, after enough of them its quite easy to carry out any kind of motion experiment to prove Brown correct (wasnt he Scottish?).
As for impulse drive thats so 1970's Sevtec engineering everybody know some of us can operate in excess of warp factor 6 but you are correct it can lead to disappearing into infinite improbability but a few Panadol and a good nights sleep usually cure that:) Philip

curtis5420
6-Feb-10, 07:41 AM
Not at all I always have a couple of six packs of Carlsberg in the fridge, after enough of them its quite easy to carry out any kind of motion experiment to prove Brown correct (wasnt he Scottish?).

ah you have it all wrong ditch the carlsberg for a nice hot cup of tea, and your sorted :)

atters
8-Feb-10, 05:35 AM
whatever you do, do not activate the Omega 13, you will doom us alllllllllllllll!!!!!

Ewan Black
8-Feb-10, 10:15 AM

In theory, Brownian motion ought to work for washing up, but extensive experiments as a student lead me conclude otherwise

curtis5420
8-Feb-10, 05:50 PM
you did the washing up when you were a student? :)

Ewan Black
8-Feb-10, 06:56 PM
you did the washing up when you were a student? :)

You may have put your finger on the underlying premise of my experiment :D