PDA

View Full Version : hasconwing vs multiwing fan

ctsdesign
11-Feb-10, 02:23 AM
I was just wondering if someone could clear up what the diffrences are between the hasconwing and the multiwing, besides the price?

I am working on a GRP racing hull but need to start looking at drivetrain and fans for my craft..

Jon Pert
11-Feb-10, 08:30 AM
Welcome. :)

Hascon blades are stiffer so deflect less under load I believe.

Will you be joining our race series??

ctsdesign
11-Feb-10, 08:56 AM
Welcome. :)

Hascon blades are stiffer so deflect less under load I believe.

Will you be joining our race series??

I don't know if I will be joining, don't really know too much about racing, I want to get in to it but, I am kind of a big guy to climb into a racing craft, I was hoping to find someone fly my craft to represent me if you would say...I love designing crafts though more of the race circuit like crafts, there are just some things I am not familiar with? What is the typical angle of the sides on a race craft, Iwas thinking like a 32 degree angle am I somewhat in the ballpark?

So in all reality the multiwing blades are an actual better blade, just for the fact of load bearing, and not as much stress on the system?

Jon Pert
11-Feb-10, 05:28 PM
So in all reality the multiwing blades are an actual better blade, just for the fact of load bearing, and not as much stress on the system?

No, the stiffer (Hascon) blade is better as it 'grabs' more of the air as it cuts through it so creating more thrust.

ctsdesign
11-Feb-10, 05:57 PM
No, the stiffer (Hascon) blade is better as it 'grabs' more of the air as it cuts through it so creating more thrust.

So why does it seem that everyone talks up the multiblade so much, I barely hear any thing about hascon, I might have to invest in a hascon,...

steve7680768
4-May-10, 07:23 AM
I am not sure about that...
Let me confirm this from someone else....

broad5186
4-May-10, 10:09 PM
hasconwing are relativley new to the scene of hovecraft racing, before them the multiwings dominated

the hascons are stiffer but are also a thicker section and a little heavier but all things considered i prefer them to the multiwings i used to use

just my thoughts tony

smallw1449
4-May-10, 10:18 PM
As the UK importer for Hascon products...perhaps I should say my bit..they have been about for over 20 years in Europe and in the UK for about 15. Currently Hascon has about 65% of the UK racing market (and its growing!!!)

Europe wise Hascon dominates the German racing scene. It all depends on marketing.

Hascon are stiffer, so don't flex as much and the alloy huib castings are better. Downside is that they are purchased by us (in Euros) Multiwing are are priced in Danish Kronor(which has devalued as much as the ) therefore the Hascon Wing is more expensive than it used to be, but is still just below or on par with the price of a Multiwing blade. Hascon hubs are however about 20% less than the equivalent Multiwing product

Need more info? contact sales@vortexservices.net

Cheers

Keith