PDA

View Full Version : help needed with printing WCH2010 flyers

Council
21-Feb-10, 11:03 AM
Hi all

In order to attract as many spectators as possible for the WHC2010, we will be handing out A5 sized flyers (promoting the Worlds) to spectators at all race meetings leading up to the Worlds.

Can you please help us with printing these flyers? I have attached a PDF document which has 2 flyers per page (A4) and was hoping you could print out a few pages (in colour) for us. It doesn't matter how many, whether it's 1, 10, 20 or 50, anything helps. I will be at the AGM so if you could hand the flyers to me there that would be great. There's no need to cut the pages in half as I have a paper cutter. Obviously if you do want to cut them, I will not complain…
Thanks very much!

Barry Oakley
(on behalf of Charlotte)

atters
22-Feb-10, 05:44 AM
How many do you want,? remembering that I work and co-own a printers....

Problem being a long way away, so posting is in order, sorry cant be at the AGM.

oakley0296/01
23-Feb-10, 12:53 PM
Hiya

That's great news.
I have no set quantity in mind, anything you can get away with really. If I get enough flyers I'm also planning to leave some at local (to Towcester) shops / establishments and I'll wander around Milton Keynes shopping centre for a few hours handing them out.
Posting them is no problem - Barry's address should be on the website somewhere, if not let me know and I'll PM you the address.
Thanks very much!!

atters
23-Feb-10, 05:59 PM
I should quite easily get away with 1000, will that do?

Winst
24-Feb-10, 12:52 AM
I've printed off 100 for you and will bring them to the AGM

oakley0296/01
26-Feb-10, 12:36 PM
I should quite easily get away with 1000, will that do?

Hi Atters
A 1000 will definitely do!

oakley0296/01
26-Feb-10, 12:37 PM
I've printed off 100 for you and will bring them to the AGM

excellent, thanks very much!

foster2958
26-Feb-10, 03:51 PM
Hi Charlotte

Bringing 500 trimmed flyers to AGM.

Kevin

oakley0296/01
2-May-10, 04:22 PM
A huge thank you to Atters who sent me a box full of flyers all the way from South Africa. That's the spirit!!
Also thank you to those who handed me flyers at the AGM and our branch meeting.

It's still not too late to do your bit for the Worlds, especially with the Evesham event happening. And let's face it, if I can receive flyers from South Africa surely I must be able to get some (more) from the UK!

atters
3-May-10, 07:01 AM
It's a pleasure !!!!

I feel that there is little that I can do for the club from here, so I do what I can. I believe in that saying that "if you help other's, when they need it, they will help you, when you need it."

josh86
3-May-10, 12:59 PM
I can deliver 500 around burbage promoting the worlds
please let me know if I can be useful
cheers angus daly

oakley0296/01
3-May-10, 01:31 PM
Hi Angus

I don't think door to door delivery in a small area is what we're looking for (certainly won't have enough flyers), however there might be some other things you can help out with. I'll have a chat with you at Towcester this weekend if ok.

regards

Brian G. Reynolds
3-May-10, 09:00 PM
Very impressive Atters! Iam impressed!

I suppose it is out of the question for you to send some warm weather over for us is it????

A virtual pint on its way to you Sir!

B.

oakley0296/01
4-May-10, 08:13 AM
Well said Brian!
So when can I expect printed flyers from you and how many??:)

Brian G. Reynolds
4-May-10, 09:51 AM
I'm am afraid I no longer have a home let alone a printer!

I have slept in my van and even the office recently!

B.

atters
4-May-10, 12:04 PM
All I can offer is the warmth of my conversation come the worlds, IF I can get the visa and all sorted.

oakley0296/01
12-Jul-10, 09:14 PM
hello

me again with another request for your help of printing Worlds flyers.

With the huge advertising potential at Cholmondeley this weekend, we need LOADS of flyers. Our 'resident printer' David Northall is doing whatever he can through his work, however due to his injury sustained at Rother, things are not going as quickly as he was hoping.

SO WE NEED YOUR HELP! (again)

If you have the facilities, possibilities and willingness to help out we (The Marketing Team) would be very grateful (and if you're a driver I might, just might give you a head start on the grid.... A minimum of 100 A4 sheets might just do it).

The PDF document was posted at the beginning of this thread and there's no need to cut the A4 pages in half as I will be sat ready and waiting in our camper with the paper trimmer.

Also (and thank you to Keith Rhodes for this brilliant idea) if you want to help distributing the flyers over the next few weeks and you own your own company: include a flyer with every invoice you send to your customer.

See you this weekend (with some flyers hopefully!)

atters
13-Jul-10, 09:08 AM
There is too little time left for me to do any, you know If I could I would.

Sorry

Rob Cooper
13-Jul-10, 12:43 PM
200 done! Will bring to Cholmondeley

oakley0296/01
13-Jul-10, 01:13 PM
No problem Atters, you've done your bit already!

Thanks Rob, much appreciated.

Thanks also to Kevin F (who sent me a pm).

garagewayne
13-Jul-10, 03:21 PM
If my wife gets her finger out, you should have 1000 for the weekend

Wayne

garagewayne
13-Jul-10, 04:42 PM
If my wife gets her finger out, you should have 1000 for the weekend

Wayne
Ill take that back...I have a pile off 500 leaflets

oakley0296/01
13-Jul-10, 05:00 PM
500 is great, thanks very much!

oakley0296/01
14-Jul-10, 10:59 AM
Unfortunately Kev was putting his response together at the same time as I put my bit on, but he's send me an apology, so all sorted.:)

SOOOOO BACK TO PRINTING

IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO HELP OUT...

Please also see my thread on the Worlds forum asking for somebody (or several companies - to share the cost) to help us to sponsor a display stand at the massive Milton Keynes shopping centre beginning of August.

Jon Pert
14-Jul-10, 01:16 PM
I have moved the posts from Trev and Kev to another thread that was asking about mechanics passes. This thread is now titled "mechanic passes & general questions about the Worlds" and is here http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/showthread.php?23501-mechanic-passes-amp-general-questions-about-the-Worlds&p=69845#post69845

Carry on!