PDA

View Full Version : clarification ref agm meeting only bookings

Member Services
22-Feb-10, 07:11 PM
Just to clarify, if you book meeting only or meeting only & dinner, technically you are not entitled to attend the talk & video....although I am sure the hotel wouldn't mind you spending money in the bar!

The HCGB have to allow for the AGM meeting itself to be accesssible to all, but hotels don't really have a package that allows for this and so the full weekend rate effectively pays for room & equipment hire for the daytime stuff. I would therefore just like to point out that if the 25 people who have booked meeting only this year (a huge increase on the normal 2 or 3 people....) sneak in the back of the talks, this is going to be rather noticeable....

In the past we have done a day rate, but with the new style weekend, we didn't think it appropriate to charge the usual hotel day rate of approx 45 for a half hour talk and a half hour video....

gavinparson
22-Feb-10, 07:57 PM
8O~8-O~:shock:8O~8-O~:shock: So you're saying that only those who can afford to stay overnight are welcome at the video and talk?

And there was no other option available for those not wanting the dinner or accomodation.

:rolleyes:

loopy
23-Feb-10, 07:09 AM
Lets get this into perspective.....last years dinner and talk option was practically the same price as the complete package this year.....we were trying to make it simpler, and thus reduce the cost, and therefore make it more affordable for everybody.

Tell you what, next year I will just go to every individual club member, ask them how much they want to pay, and what they want to get for that, and see if I can find a hotel that will accomodate. Or are you offering????????????????????????????????

gavinparson
23-Feb-10, 07:45 AM
Just saying I would have paid a day rate if it was on offer, but it wasn't and I have no intention of staying overnight.

As it's been said that there have been extra "meeting only" takers, I guess they're in the same boat and were expecting to be welcome at the Saturday daytime activities.

It's a bit of a no win situation.