PDA

View Full Version : Getting involved for the club

Bryan
18-Mar-10, 07:08 PM
We the club have been appoached by a Mr David Williams. This man organises a festival in Evesham. This takes place from 11th to the 13th of June on the banks of the river Avon.
At the event there will be classic cars, super cars and other car clubs. As well as live music all weekend a large fun fair , hot air balloons, firework display, night glow to music..........and a bar!!. All this for FREE.
This year the organisers wanted a different theme which will involve us. We have been given a large area in the centre of the meadow to do our stuff. David Kemp has agreed to do his thing with the punters which is great. The crusiers we are hoping to have river access. Its a nice fresh water river for a change. Restrictions i,m sure will apply as ever.
This will be a great family weekend with lots to do. Just bring a craft to use or just to display and enjoy the weekend.
This means the club needs your help. It is rare we get an oppertunity to have access to this much free advertising to 12 to 15 thousand people. The world champs are just around the corner and a golden oppertunity to spread the word of our club.
All i,m asking for is a min of 10 craft. Five racing five cruising not much to ask. Please do not leave this to the usual suspects many hands and all that!!!!!.
So whos up for a great weekend.

curtis5420
18-Mar-10, 07:15 PM
if i have a working craft i will be there!

Bryan
18-Mar-10, 07:24 PM
If your craft is made out of match sticks and isn,t fit for purpose bring it. These people are intrested in all angles from the trailor to the craft. Even if you are sat on the grass covered in spanners this will cause intrest and something for the public to view...... get involved!

Jon Pert
19-Mar-10, 07:45 AM
We will be there mate, no probs. I'll be up on Friday helping set up. I'll get Worlds and Club flyers sorted, you never know the Peewit may even make as appearance by then...

This has all the makings of a great bit of PR for the club so as Chalk says, get involved!!

Rob Cooper
19-Mar-10, 07:49 AM
Hi Bryan,

Count me in with a cruiser.

Rob

Jon Pert
19-Mar-10, 07:54 AM
Here is the website for the event http://www.eveshamhotairfest.com/index.htm

KevinT
19-Mar-10, 12:14 PM
Bryan
As earlier PM'd - Our BBV is just out of the mould and still shiny. Carla and I will be only too glad to show it off and give a newbies perspective. Mind there will be cruise training and the odd Novice race in between....

Kev T

campbe5177
19-Mar-10, 03:36 PM
Hi Bryan
please put The Campbells down for 1 Flying Fish
Best Regards
Chris

Bryan
19-Mar-10, 07:52 PM
As usual the cruising side of the club have come forward for the club. 5 cruising craft have already contacted me more than pleased to go out of there way to promote the club. But only 1 racing craft. I want 10 craft min. Half and half would be great........ I,m not doing this because i have endless free time.

Winst
20-Mar-10, 07:25 AM
I would if I could mate.
In Germany that weekend. :(

firth5731
20-Mar-10, 12:02 PM
i will check dates iknow there is a wedding looming

Bryan
24-Mar-10, 07:32 PM
Just in case you missed the post i am still asking for craft to just turn up sit on the grass and do nothing and injoy the weekend. A great weekend with the kids.

Brian G. Reynolds
25-Mar-10, 07:40 AM
Blimey, my dates so far this year...

22nd to 23rd May, River Avon
29th May to 6th June, Loch Fyne Scotland

And if I attended this one I would never be home!

I would love to attend this but I will need a BIG heap of folding stuff!

Anyone fancy sponsoring me for a year?????

Good luck with this Bryan, very good work for the hover club!

I am still not saying no though.....

B.

Brian G. Reynolds
25-Mar-10, 07:47 AM
Just had a look on Google Maps, Evesham is closer than I thought.....

2hrs away from Sheffield....

Why do I want to attend EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Now if someone can tell me the lottery numbers....

B.

Bryan
25-Mar-10, 05:25 PM
Bri it would be great to have your Osprey all nice and polished for the public to see. Bring the clan and have a weekend away no fuel needed just beer and food tokens.

JOHN STEAD
25-Mar-10, 06:43 PM
i should be able to attend if you don't mind a seven year old used in anger bbv on display

john

EnglishSue
25-Mar-10, 07:07 PM
Hi,

Simon and I will be there, happy to take my craft, not to far for us.

Sue

Bryan
26-Mar-10, 01:06 PM
Thats the spirt boys and girls.

Brian G. Reynolds
29-Mar-10, 08:15 PM
Bring the clan and have a weekend away no fuel needed just beer and food tokens.

Hi Bryan, no clan this time as I am now officially homeless!!!!

I am currently lodged with a friend pending finding somewhere to live when I find some money!

Speak soon,

B.

waddel4958/A
7-Apr-10, 08:00 PM
Sounds fun! If I bring a few Cullompton kids up could they get to drive their two craft and who`s providing insurance?

gill4874
7-Apr-10, 09:48 PM
hi mate if im free i will bring our craft

Jon Pert
30-Apr-10, 09:14 AM
http://www.jonrb.com/emoticons/bump.gif

Bryan
30-Apr-10, 03:13 PM
Ah nice one John keep giving those reluctant club members a push. For those who are making the effort just to say thanks. I,d like to add that the area provided to us is limited for campers. So i am suggesting that if your coming please be pulling something behind it.
I have just sent our club event risk assessment in and i,m hoping this will give us access to the river Avon. I will keep this updated as more info arrives.