PDA

View Full Version : Training Weekend

RecCom
11-Apr-10, 07:04 PM
Hello

Congratulations to those who completed the Training Weekend.

You are now invited to apply for your PLS1 license!

License Application (http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/index.php?pageid=plic#)

RecCom

webadmin
11-Apr-10, 09:44 PM
I would also like to add my congrats to the trainees - the standard was particularly high this year.

We had 12 craft on the cruise today.

Some pics:
Sunday sermon on the wonders(!) of the Severn by the most reverend B White :)

Lunch stop somewhere up the Severn

These chaps really need a hovercraft! The hassle and potential for disaster when launching like this this must be very high indeed (and the tide was only half way out at this point).

Ross Floyd
11-Apr-10, 09:50 PM
Can I add my thanks for a superbly organised and most enjoyable weekend. A huge amount of work behind the scenes by Ian, Bryan and John - and Peter - well run and a real credit to the Cruising Committee.

And full marks to John for driving half the length of the UK to help !

Well done guys!

Ross

falconer
12-Apr-10, 07:23 AM
Indeed - thanks to everyone very good weekend and cruise....... except for the plough-ins!

KevinT
12-Apr-10, 12:33 PM
Cant begin to thank everyone for such a great weekend- organisers, instructors and fellow plough'ees.

Great intro to the actuality of the sport by Bryan and co. and a whole list of mods and suggestions for our shiny new BBV: (emergency purchase #1- Kneepads!).

Both Carla and myself still grinning like kids and sore all over. Next step the PLS1 licence. Now what was that handsignal for 'Need Assistance'?.

Cheers
Kevin

Ian Brooks
12-Apr-10, 06:52 PM
And I need to add my personal thanks to all the instructors & helpers without whom such an event could not be put on, especially John who traveled such a long way.

Also thanks are due to the "Class of '10" who were superb and made it such a pleasure!

Many thanks to all
Ian

daveisom1
12-Apr-10, 07:21 PM
Great weather and a superb traing weekend. I would like to thank all the club members who gave up their weekend to run the training, I only hope you got as much out of it as I think all the trainee's did.
Now time to do a few mods before the next cruise.
Thanks again and hopefully see you all soon.
Dave

watchbuyeruk
14-Apr-10, 08:46 PM
just my little note to say thank you for a great weekend, i learned a lot and feel a lot more confident .
cheers to all who made it possible
gary