PDA

View Full Version : Where in the World are you?

Keith Oakley
18-Apr-10, 07:22 PM
Tales of the ash refugees.....
Barry and I are currently hosting Terry Chapman from the USA club, currently marooned here in the UK after a business trip. I hear rumours that Bob and Gill Coles are stuck somewhere in India.
Anyone else out there stranded by an Icelandic Volcano?

Keith Oakley

Ian Brooks
18-Apr-10, 08:27 PM
One of my Engineers is still in the UK - should be in India by now...

Ian

loopy
19-Apr-10, 06:58 AM
My in laws are stuck in Florida.

My dad is also stuck in the states - but he was only due to come back for a week for an interview at the embassy on the 22nd before emigrating permanently on the 1st May, by which time he will be homeless and goodness knows how complicated that is all going to become...it was bad enough already!

Isn't it all such a scary reminder of how reliant we are on the rest of the world!

Louise

Hovertrekker
19-Apr-10, 12:48 PM
5 of us are supposed to fly out of Chicago heading for Mumbai India tomorrow. We're taking it hour by hour, but hopes are high we'll make it. Our hovers have been there a week now.
http://www.neoterichovercraft.com/news/media/2010-ipl-cricket.html

PS. Florida's not such a bad place to be stuck in as long as you don't run out of money. And I bet Terry doesn't mind hanging around the UK a little longer although I'm sure his Family wishes he was home.

broad5186
19-Apr-10, 04:24 PM
three members of staff - one in USA one in Portugal and one in Madera - late next week before they are expected back !!

curtis5420
19-Apr-10, 06:05 PM
i spent all last week in the netherlands, very unhappy about the drive over, but then very glad we did not fly. a friend that flew, had to return in the boot of the car, sat on a blanket lol. woof woof

there are people lining the roads into the ferry ports, trying to get into cars. even some clever people who obviously bought knackered push bikes, just so they could get on the non foot passenger ferries from dunkirk.

its not nice at the ports!

Winst
19-Apr-10, 07:00 PM
We have two Italian's in work who were supposed to return to italy on 15/04/10
When they tried to book train tickets on the eurostar the prices had gone up 200% so they are still here.

How did the world cope without planes!!!!!!!!!

peach4730
20-Apr-10, 09:06 AM
accrington, lancashire, been here ages luck would have it not effected by ashes!:D

Keith Oakley
21-Apr-10, 12:14 PM
Terry Chapman took off about an hour ago from Heathrow on one of the first flights. He sends his thanks to the many club members who kept him entertained over the last few days. He's hoping to be back in August to help with Worlds TV coverage.
Keith

coles2196/01
25-Apr-10, 03:21 PM
We are now back in the UK - but only just - travelling with a pregnant woman definitely helped!! (not me!!) The prospective date for our travel back was 4th May. If we had known about the hovercraft in Mumbai it might have been worth going there!!

daly5546
25-Apr-10, 08:25 PM
I've finally got home after setting off two weeks ago. Somebody told me that there was a volcano somewhere.......