PDA

View Full Version : Towcester1 Live this weekend

Keith Oakley
5-May-10, 11:01 AM
The Webcast team will be bringing you live TV coverage of this weekends first UK National of the season - click on www.live.raceresults.info (http://www.live.raceresults.info) Practise starts around 1300 UK time on saturday.
We're aiming to try out just some of the new technology thats being developed for the Worlds in August so bear with us if there are teething probs!

Keith Oakley

atters
5-May-10, 01:12 PM
I'll let you know how much quality is lost over the long distance broadcast.

SEE you then.

Keith Oakley
6-May-10, 07:49 PM
Can you give us your usual feedback on the audio level sat am? I'll post on this thread when we've got the link up.
Keith

Terry Bridges
6-May-10, 10:24 PM
Hi Keith,

I was intending to view this weekend from Amman. However I may be going to Oslo on Saturday, then on to Montreal on Sunday. If I get into my Hotels early enough I'll see if I can get online from any of them, and give you some feedback.

If I don't, have a good weekend and keep up the good work. I'm sure I'll be at some race meetings this season.

Terry.

atters
8-May-10, 11:17 AM
Hi Keith

I see you are testing the feed. Picture looks good, quite smooth. Try some sound.

Keith Oakley
8-May-10, 11:35 AM
Hi we're still setting up so no sound yet. Hopefully in next few mins
Keith

atters
8-May-10, 11:44 AM
Great, grass looks green and soft. Will check back at 1 on the dot. Keep up the good work.

sorgatz
8-May-10, 12:05 PM
Actually Keith, I am hearing your sound checks... It's cutting out once every fre minutes but it's there.

Chris Sorgatz

atters
8-May-10, 12:17 PM
is it my screen or are the lenses wet?

Yes I hear you, and yes the lenses are wet and out of focus

Keith Oakley
8-May-10, 12:27 PM
Its raining pretty hard here so rain on the lens is just one prob.
We've just started commentary so any feedback on level would be good
Practise now underway
Keith

kevthehover
8-May-10, 12:33 PM
Kieth,

i Can hear you loud and clear in Norfolk great pics on my HD screen a pleasure to watch

Kevthehover

atters
8-May-10, 12:33 PM
Give us a wave Paul. Hello

AndyCollins
8-May-10, 12:41 PM
Hi Folks,

Looking good here.

Andy.

atters
8-May-10, 12:42 PM
Keith

Can you give us a time when the racing is to start, I would like to save my air time a bit.?

3:50, Great see you then..

sorgatz
8-May-10, 12:51 PM
Wow, it rains in England?.....:confused: LOL

Feed and sound are great from here

Keith Oakley
8-May-10, 12:52 PM
Racing proper due to start at 1550. We're still having probs with cameras here which is why you are often down to one fixed camera
Keith

Baz Hunt
8-May-10, 12:57 PM
I'm beavering away at work (Ahem!) just up the road at Thurleigh Airfield (North of Bedford). All looks good. Thanks.

Baz

mart366
8-May-10, 01:04 PM
All ok here on the southcoast :)

One cam at the mo...

Mart

mart366
8-May-10, 01:10 PM
Wasnt a good idea to wipe the camera lens lol :):(

Mart

mart366
8-May-10, 01:12 PM
Video now back :)

Audio very HQ but drops out occasionally

Mart

mart366
8-May-10, 01:22 PM
Can you move the camera a few inches to the right :) please,

we cant see them drop onto the water, but see them briefly comming off the water

Mart

mart366
8-May-10, 01:26 PM
Fitting Kent screens in front of the camera's may solve the rain issues,

they would need some modifications to make work though

Mart

sorgatz
8-May-10, 01:26 PM
Gotta go to the store with my wife, have fun and stay safe!

atters
8-May-10, 02:03 PM
back, You got your work cut out for you today hey...

Great job so far, I think we can't expect much better being that the rain and wind are as they are.
Keep it up. What speed are you broadcasting at ?

I too am getting interruptions, I think its my connection though.

Keith Oakley
8-May-10, 02:09 PM
We're currently running at 400 kbits so you might have some speed probs your end. How are other folk seeing it? Rain terrible at present so currently 3 cams in use unmanned, its a continual fight to just keep the cameras running. Rain forecast for rest of the day but better tomorrow!
Keith

atters
8-May-10, 02:12 PM
Mine is jumping around 330 to 430

OK, Thanks for keeping us informed, See you again in 30 mins

atters
8-May-10, 03:01 PM
Hi Kieth

How much longer till the racing starts?

hover snapper
8-May-10, 03:24 PM
hi keith. watching from the campervan in the campsite!!
internet connection is not that good though.
but bit chilly and wet to be out there taking photo's.

atters
8-May-10, 03:42 PM
Hey Happy, is it Rebecca or Paul.

Get out there and man one of the camera's, you know I would if I were there. lol.

Keith, can we get some pics from the roaming camera.?

Keith Oakley
8-May-10, 03:43 PM
The rain has eased a bit so we're keeping the 3 cameras going better. However the craft are now suffering -its 2 red flags out of 2 so far

Keith

atters
8-May-10, 03:54 PM
Great thanks Keith, Could we wipe the camera facing pond one and focus camera that is facing down the hill.

thanks

AndyCollins
8-May-10, 04:00 PM
Edit Fixed now :-)

-------------------

Hi Keith,

The sound is very patchy at the moment. Mostly it's solid hum with a bit of Barry in the far distance.

Cheers,

Andy.

Keith Oakley
8-May-10, 04:02 PM
Lens duly wiped - downhill camera looses focus on zoom. Prob with buying 20 cameras on ebay, then getting them soaking wet!!
Keith

Keith Oakley
8-May-10, 04:09 PM
I've adjusted the audio - is that any better? Its difficult monitoring whats going out because its so noisy in the 'media centre'
Keith

atters
8-May-10, 04:10 PM
OOOOOO bad crash that one, shame, that's his weekend done.

This race was great viewing, much better, love the roaming camera that looks to be on a roof of some kind, can see all well, snaps to the camera man.

Keep it up.

Hovertrekker
8-May-10, 04:21 PM
audio is garbled at the start of f3

sorgatz
8-May-10, 04:26 PM
I'm back now, which race are we on right now? Looks like F35, and just got red flagged?

atters
8-May-10, 04:27 PM
Mine has done it at both the start of 503 and F3. Maybe some interference from the lights.

Great Job cleaning the lenses, well done.

Keith Oakley
8-May-10, 04:30 PM
F3 was red flagged and its taken a while but F1 is about to start.
Keith

sorgatz
8-May-10, 04:32 PM
WOO HOO F1. I timed that perfectly!

atters
8-May-10, 04:32 PM
there it goes again, while you were there at the grid. GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR sound.

Hovertrekker
8-May-10, 04:33 PM
It looks like they're running 503 again.

sorgatz
8-May-10, 04:36 PM
Keith, how many people on the connection? Locations?

Hovertrekker
8-May-10, 04:36 PM
audio gone bad again

Hovertrekker
8-May-10, 04:38 PM
audio fixed :)

Keith Oakley
8-May-10, 04:45 PM
Thanks Dave - we've cleared 3 totally separate audio faults in the pa/tv kit so far!!!
About 30 viewers worldwide - don't know locations at present but I've had feedback from US S Africa and UK so far
Keith

Hovertrekker
8-May-10, 04:51 PM
It seems like theaudio gets garbled at the start of each race. It's that way now watching f3 grid up.

atters
8-May-10, 04:52 PM
Audio gone bad again, now while grid F3 forms up, last race from about 30 secs before start till second pond sound was bad, thereafter all was fine again.

Great camera work everyone.

Baz Hunt
8-May-10, 04:54 PM
Could the audio probs just be with the radio mike? New batteries needed?

sorgatz
8-May-10, 04:55 PM
Just tested my download speed, it's 3.5 Mbp

I'd think this is plenty for a uninterupted viewing, but the video buffers for about 3 seconds, every 45 seconds. Do you think the buffering is my end or yours?

Keith Oakley
8-May-10, 04:57 PM
Radio mic was one of the three and is still u/s despite changing batts so we're not using it now.
Keith

atters
8-May-10, 04:57 PM
Yip I am thinking the same, all the while while Keith is down by the drivers, I can't hear anything.

Keith Oakley
8-May-10, 05:00 PM
At 400kbits we might be pushing our 3G internet uplink too hard. That might be cause of latest audio because my audio monitor kere didn't pick up a prob. I'll try some testing tomorrow morning.
Keith

atters
8-May-10, 05:07 PM
Just let me know what time I should be online.:D

Keith Oakley
8-May-10, 05:13 PM
Practise starts at 930 tomorrow with first race at 1130. So maybe we'll try some testing around 930
Keith

atters
8-May-10, 05:23 PM
While telling the crowd about the website and all, please let them know how we who are not able to get to the races or country, appreciate all the work you and the team put in.

sorgatz
8-May-10, 05:23 PM
Is the laptimes and pointstabe normally available during the races? Or is it after the weekend?

Hovertrekker
8-May-10, 05:27 PM
1 minute to F1 start, and audio is good!!

Keith Oakley
8-May-10, 05:31 PM
When we've got everything working well the laptimes and pointstables should be up after each race, the laptimes should even be live at the bottom of the page during the race but we haven't got all that set up today. - too much firefighting!
Keith

sorgatz
8-May-10, 05:39 PM
Great racing, give congrats to Dan and Tristan for me, I'll see you all tomorrow!!!

sorgatz
8-May-10, 05:40 PM
It all looks great from here, hats off to Keith and Barry and the entire team!!!:)

Hovertrekker
8-May-10, 05:45 PM
did we just lose all video and audio? or is it just me??

atters
8-May-10, 05:46 PM
have you guys also lost the feed?

Keith Oakley
Racing has now finished so we will go off air shortly - practise starts tomorrow at 9.30am, first race 11.30am
Thanks for watching see you tomorrow
Keith

sweetm2369
Its dropped out here too!
Its also been buffering very regularly.
Download speed checked its as Chris 3.5
Well done with the coverage the weather really has been against you today!

Kind regards
Derek

atters
8-May-10, 05:47 PM
Great stuff, thanks. See you all tomorrow then. bye.

trussl2907/01
8-May-10, 05:50 PM
I too get the buffering and i'm running it on a cable link at 20Mbps

Marie

Keith Oakley
9-May-10, 07:55 AM
Good morning from a cold but dry Towcester. We're going to change our setup a bit to see if we can improve things. That will be going on all morning whilst practise is underway so the coverage over that period may be intermittent. Once racing starts at 1130 we'll aim to be going at full bore.
I'm going to try uplinking at 300kbits rather than 400kbits thats probably the cause of the excess buffering and just maybe some of the speech probs.
Keith

atters
9-May-10, 09:08 AM
Hi Keith

Is there a way to set the link speed on the 3G ?

See you at 11:30 then.

Keith Oakley
9-May-10, 09:51 AM
We are now live but practise has now finished. First race is 1130.
We are hoping to have 4 cameras with talkback working between some. Currently uplinking video at 250kbits - feedback on any probs welcome.
Keith

Philip
9-May-10, 10:08 AM
Download speed of 500kbps here in south west Ireland but video is consistant today with no buffering, Audio sounds good too. Great job by all involved. Philip

atters
9-May-10, 10:33 AM
howz that for timing. just got on.

All is working well, no buffering so far.

atters
9-May-10, 11:11 AM
No buffering no sound prob's quality good, great racing...

I think you got it nailed Keith and team.

Keep it up...

Hovertrekker
9-May-10, 11:23 AM
Hi Keith and Barry - I'm watching from Amish country indiana where I have a very feeble 250kbps dsl connection this morning. Some buffering, but overall quite good. Very much enjoying the racing action and wishing I was there racing. Good camera views too.

Baz Hunt
9-May-10, 11:35 AM
A break in work so just logged in. Watching & hearing some really good quality broadcasting from your field Keith. Not sure what you did overnight and this morning but it's a big improvement on yesterday. Great job!

Baz

atters
9-May-10, 11:46 AM
Keith, what happens if there is a red flag every race, will we ever get to the other formula or does (will) it go 503 F3 503 F3 till the sun goes down, Not that I am complaining, this is great action.

atters
9-May-10, 11:48 AM
No, we just see the start of it then the camera moved off

Hovertrekker
9-May-10, 11:49 AM
Just wondering - is there a limit to the number of restarts of a given formula due to red flag? I wonder if F2 will even get a chance today :)...

Question just answered - 3 reds and your'e out!

atters
9-May-10, 12:14 PM
Sorry Barry, maybe you have answered this, Y the wait ? its taking a long time for the next race to start.

atters
9-May-10, 12:19 PM
LOL good one Keith.. lol

atters
9-May-10, 12:26 PM
Keith, how about some soft background music while there is no talking..

Just a suggestion

that shot of Towster town could make a great puzzle

As we can see, one mans RUN is another mans brisk walk. LOL

Hoverbucks
9-May-10, 12:52 PM
Sound and picture good this morning in the US.
Terry Chapman

sorgatz
9-May-10, 01:04 PM
Just joined in, where are they in the races?

Keith Oakley
9-May-10, 01:10 PM
F2 race1 currently underway but we've had so many red flags in session1 we are on multiple reruns!!
Keith

atters
9-May-10, 01:30 PM
Fantastic race, WOW, maybe for the rest of the day we should have Dan start a lap down.

atters
9-May-10, 03:29 PM
Great weekend. Did nothing on my craft, you have kept me glues to the computer the whole time.

Thanks to Keith, Barry and the team keeping us live so that we too feel part of the family over there.'

Can Not Wait till the next meeting.

Again Well Done !!!!!!!!

see you again next time.

Baz Hunt
9-May-10, 03:32 PM
I only managed to dip in a few times this afternoon but what I saw was great. Well done all.

Keith Oakley
9-May-10, 03:34 PM
OK folks thats the end of racing this weekend. At least the second half was a red flag free zone. Pointstables and laptimes will be up on this site hopefully tomorrow.
Keith

Keith Oakley
10-May-10, 09:22 AM
Points tables and laptimes are now available on www.live.raceresults.info (http://www.live.raceresults.info)

I'd like to thank all the members of the webcast team who worked so hard over the weekend to bring you live coverage, particularly the senior racers (mostly on the sicklist) who gave their time to man cameras and mix the video, but especially Roger John and Liberty who spent much of sunday manning cameras up tall towers in the wind and cold.

Once we sorted saturdays tech problems, and the rain stopped, the focus on sunday was learning how to 'tell the story'. Getting the right camera shots, selecting the right camera at the right time and synching with the commentary. Its more difficult than you'd think but we're getting better.

At this stage it looks as if there will be no Live TV from the next event, Henstridge, because there is no 3G broadband coverage in the area - so it might be audio only.

Keith Oakley

atters
10-May-10, 12:09 PM
:(

coles2196/01
10-May-10, 05:26 PM
Well done you lot. I didn't see any of your broadcasts but from where I was sitting in Race Control it was VERY live!