PDA

View Full Version : Cruising Insurance

hector46
5-May-10, 12:20 PM
Can members with cruising craft post with basic details of their insurance, esp the provider, cover offered and premium.
I am still waiting for a reply from Haywards after two emails. I have called Noble (as had someone else today) but was told that it should be an aircraft insurer. There is no logic in insuring our craft with aircraft insurance provders, we should come under the Jetski, powerboat umbrella and as such be covered by marine insurance providers who will have much more experience of our operating environment. There may be however a technical reason for the emphasis on gaining provision from an aircraft insurer.

Can I ask if anyone is calling around and meets with some success that they post here. Many hands and all that!!!!!!!!!

PS I have just emailed Traffords with a request for cover.

Thanks

Steve

hector46
5-May-10, 12:28 PM
Traffords have just replied with a no can do:(

Steve

Brian G. Reynolds
5-May-10, 12:36 PM
How did this thread get split? weird!

That is bad news! I am waiting for them to contact me....

I have to admit to getting worried about this situation, that is 2 companies that have said they do then have changed their minds....

B.

falconer
5-May-10, 01:16 PM
Got mine last september through on-risk, 350 premium for 3500 hull cover and 2m 3rd party..... I think they may be declining your business due to the hull cost.....?

John Robertson
5-May-10, 01:22 PM
OK chaps - I don't know what is going on here but liability insurance is available from at least two companies

OnRisk have merged with Haywards who now offer hovercraft insurance (ask for Steven) - let me know if they quote anything silly!).

Bay Marine also offer liability cover at around 140 pa..

I've called both companies today to confirm this.

If you also want hull, etc cover then I would suggest you get a quote for liability first and then ask about the extra stuff.

If you get any duff info or silly quotes then let me know the details (i.e. EXACTLY what you asked for and what their response was) and I'll talk to the companies again and see if it can be sorted.

Ian Brooks
5-May-10, 06:48 PM
I have a proposal form just arrived from Haywards. I received renewal notice from On Risk at the usual time, this included a form to send to Haywards that had "Aircraft" all over it. I filled this in anyway, writing "Hovercraft" in the usual places and received a Hovercraft-oriented form by return. All seems in order up to now... I'll get the new form filled in and returned ASAP.

Ian

trev
5-May-10, 07:10 PM
I am also waiting for a quote from Haywards, I spoke to Mr Campbell in there office last week after Norisk sent me a new proposal form to send to Haywards ,
I told Mr Campbell I was looking for the same deal as before Liability cover only, no craft cover, but I still have to send in the form with all the details filled in.
Aviation insurance for hovercraft is ridiculous considering I have a air drive boat that can hover.
Hopefully I will receive my quote later in the week.

Trev

hector46
5-May-10, 07:32 PM
Interesting, I received a marine based risk form from Stephen Campbell at Haywards. It's a boat insurance application form which I filled in as an air cushioned vehicle. I'm sure it will all come out in the wash. I hope the premium is sensible !!!!!!!!

Steve

hector46
5-May-10, 07:37 PM
Just noticed that was my 100th post. Do you get a badge or medal for that?

Steve

Ian Brooks
5-May-10, 09:53 PM
Just noticed that was my 100th post. Do you get a badge or medal for that?

Steve

No. You are a mere mortal. I am a God.

atters
6-May-10, 07:14 AM
how many does this make ?

Sorry God, and then there were two.

hector46
6-May-10, 11:42 AM
Yes Ian we know.....who was the underwater god of the ocean again?:)

Steve

Ross Floyd
6-May-10, 01:23 PM
Presumably he walked ashore ?

R

St George
6-May-10, 03:28 PM
hovercraft act of 1968 defined hovercraft as aircraft for insurance perposes .this was amended in 1972 to allow for new tecnology hover bardges,platforms etc to fully understand look up on internet.ps sugest you borrow a judge or a barister to help

Jon Pert
6-May-10, 03:33 PM
how many does this make ?

Sorry God, and then there were two.

Come on boys, keep up!!! :D

Ian Brooks
6-May-10, 07:52 PM
Yes Ian we know.....who was the underwater god of the ocean again?:)

Steve

Just call me Poseidon