PDA

View Full Version : Balloon Festival Evesham 12th 13th June

Bryan
5-May-10, 07:00 PM
Hi all the preparations for the festival are going well. Please remember we as a club will be attending to advertise the existence of the HCGB. Were also there to let the 12 to 15,000 people who visit the show that we have a worlds event in August. This is a free weekend to show off our racing and cruising craft. You don,t even have too use your craft at all just have it as a static display. Just sit in the sun and soak up the atmosphere of the event. I have David Kemp doing the cooperate thing. I would like ten other craft to attend can i ask you to confirm if you wish to go as the organizer would like to know how much space we need for campers and camping. Thanks.
Bryan 1 camper 1 craft
next....

Rob Cooper
5-May-10, 07:25 PM
1 tent 1 craft!
next....

peach4730
5-May-10, 09:32 PM
well! if the jumping out of a perfectly good plane goes well and you pull the right cord and you land in one piece to sort this gathering out ill turn up and do my bit for promo mate no probs.........as if i had any thing else to do:rolleyes:

carlathomas
5-May-10, 09:47 PM
1 motorhome & 1 craft :)

firth5731
6-May-10, 06:24 AM
do you know how many people and craft are attending?????

gaz
6-May-10, 06:38 AM
1 tent 1 craft!
I am hopeing this doesn't clash with a local event i am booked in to but cant find the date for

Jon Pert
6-May-10, 09:04 AM
1 camper and 0.75 of a craft ;)

next...

oakley0296/01
6-May-10, 10:00 AM
1 camper
0 craft
1 commentator if needed, could also double up as club representative.
several 100s of Worlds & Club promotional leaflets (have no young attractive girl to hand these out, so will be will have to be me unfortunately)

Jon Pert
6-May-10, 10:02 AM
1 camper
0 craft
1 commentator if needed, could also double up as club representative.
several 100s of Worlds & Club promotional leaflets (have no young attractive girl to hand these out, so will be will have to be me unfortunately)

Well he can now he is a member ;)

Brilliant stuff, just what we need, thanks guys.

Website for the balloon festival http://www.eveshamhotairfest.com/

campbe5177
6-May-10, 01:30 PM
Put the Campbells down for one craft and one motorhome
Best Regards
Chris

gaz
6-May-10, 05:34 PM
1 tent 1 craft!
I am hopeing this doesn't clash with a local event i am booked in to but cant find the date for
typical nothing for ages then two events on the same weekend, strike the tent from the list.... looks like Evesham saturday, local show on sunday

Bryan
6-May-10, 11:12 PM
just tuned in great start..... don,t be shy more would be good. Gaz i would like to see 10 static or working craft at the event. Be aware the few are doing this for the club and need your support. So step forward and drag that craft to the event. The worst that could happen you may listen to some poor music with a beer in hand....... perfect!!

gaz
7-May-10, 04:11 PM
Sorry Bryan, I am coming up on Saturday but reluctantly will have to come home again for Sunday as I had already promised to do a local event, bit sad as I love hot air balloons and was looking forward to the nightglow. The local event has put in quite a bit of effort to provide a launch slip onto the lake and I donít want to let them down. A day at each is the best I can do :(

curtis5420
7-May-10, 05:09 PM
static aluminium craft and a vw camper if thats ok? might be a working craft, but have not time to strip engine and replace pulse pump.

i cannot give 100% commitment, just 75% at this time, on course for 65hr week, with more to come over the next month. desperately wanted to get my new craft running for this, have all the bits sub fuel tank and the fan drive. but coming home after 12hrs out the house, have not been out in the garge since last wkend.

so work permitting i will be there! i love shows like this, brings back memories of me and my dad, with the stationary engines.
the camper is not a large one, so if a little space could be left for me, that would be great!

Bryan
13-May-10, 04:28 PM
Ok everyone good news... we have been given permission to get onto the river Avon. The river is next to the meadow and a slip way is in our camp site. There is a license involved but i will find out more shortly. The river will be busy with holiday boat traffic so please make sure your insurance is upto date. Not that you should need it. This is for cruisers only!!!!. I,m still crying out for the racing craft owners to join in and confirm that there coming. At the moment there are 11 cruising craft but not one racing craft confirmed. Dam poor show from the racing side.

Jon Pert
13-May-10, 04:31 PM
Spoke to Pitbull at Towcester, he wants to bring his F3.

See you later for a quick http://www.jonrb.com/emoticons/drink.gif

curtis5420
13-May-10, 06:11 PM
I,m still crying out for the racing craft owners to join in and confirm that there coming. At the moment there are 11 cruising craft but not one racing craft confirmed. Dam poor show from the racing side.

my aly craft is neither lol, not good for racing and defo not good for cruising. not thats its running anyway!

Martin Lock
13-May-10, 07:03 PM
1 R1 F1, 1 camper, 1 tent possibly 2.
Trying to find a way of getting F3 up there aswell.

searle5077
14-May-10, 08:01 PM
Please can I come to your balloon party on 12th & 13th June? Will it be like other balloon parties with a couple of balloons on the gate so that I know I'm in the right place, a clown doing the balloon animals and a balloon for me to take home in my party bag?

1 Voretex, 1 camper pretty please.

Cheers
Chris.

Bryan
15-May-10, 10:29 PM
Chris i think you,ve made the cut come on down........ oh and leave the joke book at home!!

willa494
16-May-10, 05:53 PM
Hi Bryan. One 503 racing craft, two adults one child.
1 Racing craft. 1 Camper.
Cheers Lee W.

Bryan
17-May-10, 12:33 PM
Hi everyone just to add some more details to our itinerary for the weekend. I have now spoken to the river authorities and they have issued us a group license for the week end.
This will give 2no hovers access to the slipway and the river at any one time. Speed limits!!!!! the authorities now understand we have trouble doing 4 knots. We must maintain a low speed but be able to maintain control of our machines which means keeping them above hump speed. Please be confident in piloting your machine as the river is,nt that wide and i don,t really want craft stuck on hump in a ball of spray. Were there to look good!!. A full briefing for those concerned will be given on the day. All craft must have third party insurance. I will need a copy of your certificate before hand so i can pass it on to the organizers. Email it to B.white269@btinternet.com or pm me for my postal address. Please do this sooner rather than later i would like to get them sent before May 30th.
There will be a secure fuel store provided for the evening. Extra porta loos are provided to support our tent dwellers. Local radio ( TOUCH FM ) will be on site to liaise with our demos. Food stalls include Crepe,s,pork roast, burgers & chips etc.LLLLarge bar area. We must stop operations at 1pm Sunday for an hour to let the fun run have everyones full attention.
Site address Crown Meadow, Abbey Rd, Evsham, Glos, WR114ST we can arrive after 12pm on Friday 11th June.
I would like to thanks John Pert for his full recruitment into organizing this do!.
See you all there. Please feel free to contact me if you need any other details 07970187288 Bryan

carlathomas
17-May-10, 06:01 PM
Bryan, can the racing craft get 3rd party insurance for this event via HCGB?

Bryan
18-May-10, 07:27 PM
Sorry there will be no racing craft on the river. However if your cruising craft has a log book and has been scrutinized for the event then HCGB insurance can be used but you must produce the cover note. By the time the club gets around to issuing said note it may well be Christmas. But good luck!

carlathomas
20-May-10, 01:58 PM
Not expecting to go onto the river Bryan, howver you mentioned that there would be a track laid out so that the racing craft could give demos. Do we need insurance for this? If yes, would we too be covered by HCGB? Our craft has been scrutineered and we have a log book.

Jon Pert
20-May-10, 02:09 PM
The racing craft operating on the track will be covered by the events insurance.

On the hour every hour we will have craft operating, so we'll work out a rota and have a bit of fun!

carlathomas
20-May-10, 04:12 PM
Excellent. Thanks Jon.

Bryan
20-May-10, 04:18 PM
Hi everyone for those who want insurance for the river please get in touch with On Risk who will do day insurance at less than a tenner a day.

trev
20-May-10, 05:28 PM
Bryan
Onrisk do not cover hovercraft any more:confused:

Trev

Brian G. Reynolds
20-May-10, 09:06 PM
Did I just get a feeling of deja-vu!!!!!!!

This is how my insurance thread started some years ago.... or so it seems.....

B.

pit
20-May-10, 10:21 PM
hi all, one racing F3 and one tent

Bryan
25-May-10, 07:29 PM
Hi all just a reminder about river insurance. Any body else thats keen please email a copy as i,m going to send them just after the weekend. Looking forward to it!!!

EnglishSue
25-May-10, 08:04 PM
Hi mate,

Sorry have had limited internet access!, will still be there -

1 camper
2 racing craft

see you soon

Sue

Jon Pert
1-Jun-10, 07:52 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for the people who have come forward to help with this event.

I have posted some directions and contact details in the members area. Please click here to see the thread. (http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/showthread.php?23594-Evesham-Balloon-Festival...)

Again, thanks for coming forward and we'll see you there!!

Cheers

Jon and Bryan.

JOHN STEAD
1-Jun-10, 08:12 PM
thought i would ask rather than just turn up with mine, can we bring our dogs to this event??

john

Jon Pert
2-Jun-10, 09:20 PM
Yes John, dogs are okay as long as they are on leads.

JOHN STEAD
3-Jun-10, 06:20 PM
thanks jon
2 adults
1 teenager
1dog
1 van
1 hovercraft
will be making the trip late friday.

john

JOHN STEAD
13-Jun-10, 07:55 PM
Would like to thank all who organised this event. For giving us an opportunity to show of and talk about hovercraft to such a large number of people, I for one thoroughly enjoyed the whole relaxed atmosphere of the weekend.
Well done to all involved
john