PDA

View Full Version : Henstridge Points

Keith Oakley
1-Jun-10, 01:40 PM
Laptimes and Points tables from Henstridge are available at www.live.raceresults.info (http://www.live.raceresults.info)
Season points still to come.

I've uploaded the first replay video as a test. - its F5 1 su and quite an interesting race. I'd be very interested in feedback on the 'picture quality' of this one - watch it full screen for best effect. As a result of new 3G kit I was able to stream at 700kbit/s - twice the previous rate. (and probably the reason Atters had problems - sorry about that! I'm looking for solutions that don't involve rewiring Africa!) There are problems with the contrast on at least one of the cameras - well they are old Sony Handicams. Plus the picture freezes at several points (look for 'Freeze' in bottom right corner) Not sure if thats the vision mixer operator pressing the wrong button or looking for new artistic effects..... The background noise mic would probably better up a bit too.

My thanks to the production team of Roger Drew, Graham Nutt, Chris Daly, and Jake Cooper.

I really need feedback on wether the replay works on your pc and how many of you have problems with the speed.

Keith

daly5546
1-Jun-10, 05:34 PM
Hi Keith,

It worked fine on mine (except for the freeze)

Chris

atters
2-Jun-10, 07:59 AM
Replay works great thanks Keith.

When can I expect the other replays to be posted?

Keep up the good work.

Keith Oakley
2-Jun-10, 02:58 PM
I've posted a few more races. - www.replay.raceresults.info (http://www.replay.raceresults.info)
I'm puzzled -both the original live and now the replays are streaming at 700kbits (higher quality) yet Atters can get the replay but not the live. Are you looking at the replay at a different time of day when your internet connection works better??
Keith

simon larman
2-Jun-10, 09:13 PM
replays work ok but i suffer from buffering problems and frame dropout because of it.
my connection speed is 5.2mps so it should be able to handle it.
Is there any way to be able to pause the video and let the buffer build like say U-tube does? as currently it seems to build the buffer only when the video is playing.

Simon L

Keith Oakley
2-Jun-10, 09:47 PM
Are you suffering buffer problems on the live service or the replay? I think you should be able to pause and let buffer build - I'm using the same Adobe Flash technology as Youtube but maybe my settings are different; I'll look at it.
One of the problems of the internet is that although your own access connection may be fast (eg 5mbits) congestion at different times elsewhere in the 'core' part of the internet means you may experience buffering
Anyone else having probs?
Keith

atters
4-Jun-10, 06:18 AM
Yes Keith I watched the replay here at work IN TOWN, here the signal and streaming is much better than out on the farm, I guess that is the problem. It looks to me that if I want to watch the racing live I will have to come into town.

HOWEVER !!!

I was able to watch the Towster races fine, only a little buffering from time to time and that was when you were sending at 300kbps.

I would think that the broadcast speed would not effect it because I am running through a different server than you are broadcasting to. This leads me to believe that is is my server and not your broadcast speed that is the problem.