PDA

View Full Version : having fun in Cornwall

gaz
12-Jul-10, 12:02 PM
A handful of southwest branch members put in a sterling effort and made the trip to a warm but overcast historic vehicle show near Callington on Sunday 11th of July. The Tamar Historic Vehicle Club had initially invited me to demonstrate my craft at the show last year and then extended this year’s invitation to southwest members a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, for one reason or another, only one other craft and 7 members (and four of these were locals) managed to find time to promote hovercraft and our club.

Barry came down from Taunton with his Flying Fish accompanied by Brian and Karen Locke who took a day out of their weekend on Dartmoor to come along. The locals attending were Sue and I with the ASV together with Simon (knobby). New member Mark (firemansam) came over from Plymouth for his first face to face contact with club members. Following lots of talking and a trip (or was that a soaking) out on the lake I got the feeling we will be seeing a lot more of him, the hoverbug has another victim.

The two craft with five pilots spent a great deal of the day out on the 3 acre lake. Unfortunately due to the way the lake was made, there is nowhere to make the transition to dry land and operations were restricted to the lake only. The slipway made for us to access the lake proved to be suitable purely as a launch point and the craft spent the Whole day ‘float testing’ or flying.

My thanks go to the club members for making a splendid effort and entertaining a continuous flow of visitors and, as a result, securing us an invitation to do it all again next year.

here's a few shots, more going in the Gallery soon