PDA

View Full Version : I'm doing fine

oakley0296/01
18-Jul-10, 09:06 AM
To all those who have been concerned about me after my accident at work on Friday morning: I'm doing fine.

One word of advise: never try to clean the paper dust from the shredder with an aerosol whilst it's running. It caused a big flash flame which set my hair (which was treated with hairspray about 2 hrs before!) on fire and burnt my skin.
Off I went in the ambulance - with rather embarrassingly blue lights on at various road junctions - to Banbury hospital. I was in A&E for a few hours but was back home later that afternoon.

I have ended up with burns to my left thumb, left upper arm, right wrist (all healing very nicely very quickly) and burns to my neck, under my chin, chin itself, lips and tip of my nose. These burns will take a bit longer to heal, but I'm in no great pain. My upper lip looks like it has had several Botox injections, my eyebrows are still there (but with a bit less hair), my eyelashes are half the length they were and my hair on the right hand side at the front is a bit shorter than the right hand side. All I can say is thank god I was wearing my glasses at the time it happened and had my mouth (for once) shut, otherwise it could have been a different story.

So all in all I have been very lucky.
Thank you to all who have expressed your concern and apologies for depriving you of the standby of the standby race director this weekend.

curtis5420
18-Jul-10, 09:58 AM
sounds very much like, when a mate of mine, looked into the fuel tank on his bike with a lighter to see how much petrol was in it.

burns are nasty, would not wish that on anyone, hope you feel better soon.

Brian G. Reynolds
18-Jul-10, 11:41 AM
Sorry to hear this Charlotte! I was not aware you even had a accident!

I am glad you say you are doing well though! Take care and get well soon!

Brian.

The Dragon
18-Jul-10, 05:35 PM
Charlotte!! Glad to hear it wasn't too serious, we all hope that you feel much better soon xx Love Chris, Sandra & Maia

Ross Floyd
18-Jul-10, 09:41 PM
Best wishes for a rapid recovery !

Ross & Gill

Linda Taylor
18-Jul-10, 09:57 PM
Hope you are feeling better soon and I am glad it is not as bad as it sounded at the weekend. Burns are really sore. We have been thinkinbg about you. All the best from Linda and Paul. xx

atters
19-Jul-10, 07:31 AM
Myself and friend had to empty some petrol out of a tank and as things go from bad to flaming I know all about it.

Once he was done burning his head and shoulders, he looked like the Leo man.

He could not use his hands for several months and his face was black for a few weeks. The fact that you have little pain is a miracle.

Get well soon.

hover snapper
19-Jul-10, 07:40 AM
wishing you a speedy recovery charlotte.

gaz
19-Jul-10, 07:42 AM
Isnít it amazing how the simplest of actions can have catastrophic results, hope you are a quick healer!
Get well soon

carlathomas
19-Jul-10, 05:44 PM
Very glad to hear that you're recovering really well. All the best Charlotte.

Winst
19-Jul-10, 08:02 PM
Hi Charlotte,
I spoke to Keith on Friday night and asked him to pass on my best wishes.
Hope your recovery is swift.

Wayne

broad5186
19-Jul-10, 09:30 PM
we hope you have a speedy recovery - tony, paula and the broad family

coles2196/01
20-Jul-10, 03:46 PM
Glad to hear you are still your cheery self!!

peach4730
20-Jul-10, 03:49 PM
sounds like the sort of thing my jilly would do, speedy recovery charlotte.

oakley0296/01
24-Jul-10, 09:42 AM
Thank you all for your concern and best wishes via bulletin board, cards, email and phone.

I'm happy to report I'm on the mend. The burn wounds have almost healed and I should not have any remaining scars. Just a tiny issue of delayed shock this last week which kept me at home for the week. A trip to the hairdresser yesterday sorted out my hair. One more check up at the burns unit next week and that should be it.

See you all at Gang Warily (where I might take it a bit easy, so you might not necessarily see me on the grid - I still jump a bit with sudden loud noises/bangs!).

kach22i
25-Jul-10, 09:13 PM
I'm glad to hear you are on the road to recovery.

Heal well, and be safe.

LittlePaul
27-Jul-10, 01:24 PM
Instead of start marshaling, you could manage and administer the eight marshal-point fire extinguishers...!

Glad to hear you've just about recovered, and look forward to seeing you at Gang Warily. ;x

Tamsin
28-Jul-10, 09:44 PM
Don't go putting ideas into her head!! Glad to hear your on the mend Charlotte :) see you soon x