PDA

View Full Version : Gang Warily Live 2010

Keith Oakley
28-Jul-10, 02:01 PM
The webcast team will bring you live TV coverage of this weekends UK National Race Meeting at Gang Warily, Fawley near Southampton on www.live.raceresults.info (http://www.live.raceresults.info) Racing scheduled to start at 1300 Saturday. (UK Time)
Hint - early visitors will see the start of our Worlds promo campaign. More to come
Keith

daly5546
28-Jul-10, 02:25 PM
We still need more driver/marshal/official profile snippets to be aired during the World's.

Chris

atters
29-Jul-10, 08:41 AM
YAY. No plans for the weekend. Maybe some shooting but that's bout that. Should be able to catch all the racing if there is 3g coverage. Its quite KAK living on the farm at times.

Keith Oakley
31-Jul-10, 08:45 AM
Greetings from a slightly overcast Gang Warily. Just setting up. Tv coverage on www.live.hovercraft.org.uk (http://www.live.hovercraft.org.uk) will start with the first race at 1300 UK time
Keith

Keith Oakley
31-Jul-10, 11:35 AM
Internet speeds are mediocre here but hopefully we'll be streaming at around 300kbits. Racing still scheduled to start at 1300hrs
Keith

atters
31-Jul-10, 11:58 AM
All I get is the replay from last year, Y?

Have you not started broadcasting yet?

Brian G. Reynolds
31-Jul-10, 12:01 PM
Nothing here....

B.

lucas3445/01
31-Jul-10, 12:08 PM
nothing here too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian G. Reynolds
31-Jul-10, 12:10 PM
Ye-ha, its back... sort of.....

B.

lucas3445/01
31-Jul-10, 12:11 PM
still nothing!!!!!!!!!

atters
31-Jul-10, 12:12 PM
am I on the wrong site?

Still only the replay!!!

Brian G. Reynolds
31-Jul-10, 12:14 PM
Hi Atters, http://www.live.raceresults.info/ should get the racing but it is very intermittent at the moment,

I did hear Keith say "testing..." then nothing....

They will get there...

B.

the goose
31-Jul-10, 12:17 PM
all we get is the replay for the worlds ad
over and over again

atters
31-Jul-10, 12:17 PM
working now, but only with explorer not crome.

atters
31-Jul-10, 12:32 PM
try using explorer, mine is working great now.

Keith Oakley
31-Jul-10, 12:33 PM
1330 It should be stable now on both video and sound. The internet link is poor so we are only going out at about 200kb, so picture quality will not be good.
New feedback welcome
Keith

the goose
31-Jul-10, 12:34 PM
THE goosey family watching including jess, good luck all drivers, ricky is watching his compition.

Keith Oakley
31-Jul-10, 12:36 PM
If your still getting the replay page you need to clear the buffers in your browser
Keith

rawson5405
31-Jul-10, 12:47 PM
ok this end in cambridgshire but tell the camera man to stop zooming in at the flag,the chimney,the trees etc would like to see the craft most of it prety good .Ifhe can hear the comentry stick with the battles and leading craft .Missed lee getting by mark as the camera was looking at the trees and chimney.Keep up the good work
Roger

rawson5405
31-Jul-10, 12:49 PM
tell barry good commentry hear him well
Roger

atters
31-Jul-10, 12:53 PM
I promis that if I man a camera at the worlds, you will only see the craft and not the grass and trees.

maybe a hot girl or two.;)

rawson5405
31-Jul-10, 01:02 PM
sounds good .That race was a lot better following jamie ect.Nice to see lewis back great race
Roger

Brian G. Reynolds
31-Jul-10, 01:04 PM
Goosies - why are you not there!!!!

Barry - commentry brilliant as you always are!!!

B.

Paul Fitz
31-Jul-10, 01:06 PM
Picture quality not the best as you said Keith.
The image is getting considerable noise from the commentary in the form of irregular horizontal bars.

HTH

Terry Bridges
31-Jul-10, 01:25 PM
Morning everyone. Getting fairly good coverage from the office in Montreal.

Will try to watch whilst working.

Terry.

Keith Oakley
31-Jul-10, 01:49 PM
Have we lost the sound bars on the pic?
Keith

Brian G. Reynolds
31-Jul-10, 02:00 PM
I have not seen any Keith, but I do get black screens at times.

B.

gavinparson
31-Jul-10, 02:10 PM
lots of sky, grass, start lights (mid race) etc. And when there's a scrap, please stay on it!

Paul Fitz
31-Jul-10, 02:14 PM
Have we lost the sound bars on the pic?
Keith

No. still there no obvious change.

sorgatz
31-Jul-10, 02:23 PM
Is racing done for the day? I'm getting "Stream not found"...

Brian G. Reynolds
31-Jul-10, 02:34 PM
Hello Chris, no only the first half...

Will resume around 20 mins time..

B.

Keith Oakley
31-Jul-10, 02:35 PM
We're in a paddock open at present. Link will be down until 1545 Uk whilst we try to improve internet speed
Keith

the goose
31-Jul-10, 02:40 PM
please concentrate on the battle's. we seem to miss all of the good stuff.

good work keep it up

ricky

the goose
31-Jul-10, 02:45 PM
hi

can you give the f3 drivers a message from me (ricky)

"i may not be there but i still have my eye on you"

thanks rick

Keith Oakley
31-Jul-10, 02:56 PM
We've managed to double the internet speed up to 500kbits so hopefully pics will be better. Short of staff at present so got some staff training going on so hopefully camera aiming will improve.
Keith

rawson5405
31-Jul-10, 02:59 PM
Goosies - why are you not there
B.
IHave been out this week end but watching this afternoon
Hope you are well and have you found a house yet? sir

the goose
31-Jul-10, 03:00 PM
message from jess lucas

just giving you all a chance , i will be back.

Paul Fitz
31-Jul-10, 03:06 PM
Picture much improved
banding still evident and probably slightly stronger with the improved image signal.

Baz Hunt
31-Jul-10, 03:33 PM
HI all,

Enjoying the racing. Have noticed that the 'Internet commentary' is much lower volume than Barry's commentary.

Baz

the goose
31-Jul-10, 04:01 PM
dont forget my message
rick

Paul Fitz
31-Jul-10, 04:19 PM
I know you always do your best :o)

James Drew
31-Jul-10, 04:33 PM
Looking good - sounding good chaps!!

It's Jimmy here - I'm in South Africa!!

Hope everything's been going well!??

I just saw Nick go round in the new craft (81)!! Woo hoo ! It works!! (Well looks like it online!)

J x

sorgatz
31-Jul-10, 05:07 PM
Nice race day!!! Thanks guys, the feed looked good!!

Keith Oakley
31-Jul-10, 05:10 PM
Coverage of the racing has now ended for today. Coverage starts tomorrow with the first race at 1130 UK time
Keith

Baz Hunt
31-Jul-10, 05:18 PM
Thanks to everyone for a good day's coverage. Will be logging in again from work tomorrow.

Keith Oakley
1-Aug-10, 10:03 AM
Good morning from Gang Warily. We've made some adjustments this morning and we're about ready to go live at 1120am; for the first race at 1130am UK time
Keith

atters
1-Aug-10, 11:08 AM
just on, what have I missed, looks like F3 is about to start.

atters
1-Aug-10, 11:37 AM
thanks for the kind words Keith, quite a lot of buffering, only because I have only got a 300kbps connection.

gaz
1-Aug-10, 12:41 PM
i know your on replay, but i just came in from getting a cuppa and am getting commentary but no picture (just a black screen)

gaz
1-Aug-10, 12:44 PM
got a picture now, thanks

gaz
1-Aug-10, 01:39 PM
audio could do to be quite a bit louder for web comentary and a little louder for Barry. other than that it's all good, thanks for keeping me entertained.

Tamsin
1-Aug-10, 01:48 PM
wish i was there to watch this 503 race!!!!! looking good :)

gaz
1-Aug-10, 02:01 PM
thanks for the audio boost

gaz
1-Aug-10, 03:16 PM
thanks for the show, good stuff as allways

Baz Hunt
1-Aug-10, 03:20 PM
Thanks all for a good weekends entertainment. Se you at Towcester.

Baz

rawson5405
1-Aug-10, 03:24 PM
Brilliant to watch the racing this afternoon just got in to see the open. Good pictures and well done all the camera team great stuff.wish i could have been there never mind. we will be at towcester with all my gear, camera`s computers,printers ertc etc so all being well most people can take a memory (photo) home from the worlds. Looking forward to seeing you all then.
Cheers
Roger

atters
2-Aug-10, 07:00 AM
Well done again guys. Quite a lot of sky and grass once again. I have a lot of ideas how to fix this problem for the worlds, will chat about it when I am there.

The worlds are going to turn out great I just know it. Was wondering if we shouldn't get a hold of all those watching before hand to see what their server's speeds are like, With mine this weekend you were sending at 500kbps and I could only receive at 300. This caused some delays and spooling problems. I am sure that if we broadcast at the same speed that the servers download then there will be even less buffing.

OR have I got it wrong?

Great show, see you soon.

Keith I have PM'ed you.

Keith Oakley
2-Aug-10, 09:42 AM
We try to transmit at 500-800kbits if our internet uplink connection will permit because that gives viewers a much better picture quality, especially if viewers go full screen. If your personal connection to the internet can only manage 300kbits then buffering will occur at your end. Essientially your internet connection is pausing to catch up. A solution is for us to upload two streams, a high quality and a low quality stream so viewers can select which to watch. We don't usually have a good enough internet connection to allow us to do that but it might be possible at Towcester, if theres demand.

If your internet connection can only get less than 500kbits can you respond here please??

Apologies again for poor camerawork at the beginning. We were short of trained folk and a number of newcomers were being trained. We were also using Ross Hammond's video desk which has capability for 8 cameras in preparation for the worlds rather than my 4 camera mixer. Hopefully it got better over the weekend.

We're looking forward to you mastering the 8 camera desk!

Keith

Hovertrekker
2-Aug-10, 02:17 PM
Obviously the solution is to watch it from somewhere that has decent connection speed. I have 300Kbps at home - belive me if I could get faster internet I would. So I have to go somewhere else closer to civilisation :) to watch it if I don't want constant buffering. It was great this weekend watching from a "high speed" connection. I wouldn't bother trying to satisfy a few "low speed" users like me with a dual uplink as there's always an internet cafe or public library somewhere nearby. Well done to everyone who was there. See you in Towcester (in real life and not via the internet!)

Keith Oakley
3-Aug-10, 10:41 AM
Thanks Dave. Anyone else with a low speed internet connection?
Keith

escargot
25-Aug-12, 04:16 PM
Hi can someone tell me how many F1 craft are at the event this weekend?

wcastendijk
25-Aug-12, 05:02 PM
Thanks Dave. Anyone else with a low speed internet connection?
Keith

yep mine is buffering since the just before 503 started. horror to look at.

wcastendijk
25-Aug-12, 05:07 PM
yep mine is buffering since the just before 503 started. horror to look at.

and my phone is doing the same now too, sure its on the receiving end?
Now the whole is down, "no stream found"

Keith Oakley
26-Aug-12, 05:42 AM
This thread refers to 2010 - can you use the other thread Gang Warily Live please. Wouter - can you give me an idea (on the other thread) when probs started? There are 3 F1 craft - 1, 9, 27
Keith