PDA

View Full Version : race craft

ctsdesign
22-Aug-10, 09:19 PM
I just wanted to know what the height is from the ground to the top skirt attachment point on most F1 race craft they just seem really low to the ground, maybe you could help me out on the angle of the bottom hull that racers like to have.....I also want to know what the biggest thrust duct size f1 race craft go with thanks for the help.

The Dragon
23-Aug-10, 07:28 AM
Hi, you may not get an immediate answer as everyone is preparing for the Worlds - come along to Towcester, Milton Keynes and you can ask as many questions as you want!! :D
They'll be loads of F1's to look as along with the other formula's.

This opportunity isn't once in a lifetime but it is one every 2 years and its in the UK so not so far to travel (that's me assuming you're in the UK!)

ctsdesign
23-Aug-10, 09:25 PM
I live in the US, but I really want to go, just cant come up with the funds right now, so you think you could help me out with my questions?

Brian G. Reynolds
23-Aug-10, 09:46 PM
Hello my friend, as already stated, you probably could not have picked a worse time to ask the questions!

I think the majority of the club will be on the road tomorrow for the worlds so will be massively busy...

If you are able to hang fie for a week then I know members will be only too willing to help you but it will be an empty forum for a bit I fear.

They will not ignore you, the members are not like that but I am sure you can understand.

If you can watch the racing over the web you might even find one of the USA team might even be a neighbour of yours! stranger things have happened.

Sorry I cannot help you myself but I am on the cruising side of things now, I no longer race and some might say I never did race!!! (probably right as well!!! but had a lot of fun trying....)

All the best,

Brian.

coles2196/01
31-Aug-10, 12:19 PM
Hello my friend, as already stated, you probably could not have picked a worse time to ask the questions!

I think the majority of the club will be on the road tomorrow for the worlds so will be massively busy...

If you are able to hang fie for a week then I know members will be only too willing to help you but it will be an empty forum for a bit I fear.

They will not ignore you, the members are not like that but I am sure you can understand.

If you can watch the racing over the web you might even find one of the USA team might even be a neighbour of yours! stranger things have happened.

Sorry I cannot help you myself but I am on the cruising side of things now, I no longer race and some might say I never did race!!! (probably right as well!!! but had a lot of fun trying....)

All the best,

Brian.

Brian you did race - always with a cheery smile on your face. You also waved and provided cake - top trooper!!

broad5186
31-Aug-10, 01:43 PM
craft vary but 7-10" from the bottom of the craft to the edge typically and hover height of 6-9"

planing surface angle is usually around 15-25 degrees

F1's use ducts over 1m diameter quite a few 1.1 1.2m ducts used

hope that helps

Brian G. Reynolds
31-Aug-10, 07:59 PM
Brian you did race - always with a cheery smile on your face. You also waved and provided cake - top trooper!!

Ar, luv ya!

And I miss you all!!!, wipes a tear away....

I enjoyed watching the racing over the web and wished and wished again for better weather for you all! sadly no one listened but you still all did us proud!

Brian.