PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Live

Keith Oakley
24-Aug-10, 08:39 PM
Greetings from a wet, windy but sometimes very sunny Towcester. The opening ceremony has just taken place.
Live coverage starts at 1200 noon UK time tomorrow (Wednesday) on www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org). Tomorrow we have time trials for a no of formulae and a one hour Endurance Race.
Keith

smert
24-Aug-10, 08:47 PM
Looking forward to not doing very much work tomorrow!:cool:

It is my birthday after all!:D~:-D~:grin:

trev
25-Aug-10, 08:02 AM
Hope you all have a great time and the weather is kind to you:)

Trev

Keith Oakley
25-Aug-10, 11:27 AM
Thanks Trev We've got the usual setup chaos, amplified by twice the no of cameras etc etc but we are now live with a limited service. Timetrials start 1300
Keith

smert
25-Aug-10, 03:31 PM
Thanks Trev We've got the usual setup chaos, amplified by twice the no of cameras etc etc but we are now live with a limited service. Timetrials start 1300
Keith
Hi Keith,

Any chance you can update the info sidebar with what is currently running? I am dipping in and out and don't have sound to get the commentary!

Iain

Brian G. Reynolds
25-Aug-10, 04:15 PM
Hello boys and girls, I have just logged on and it looks horrible there!

I take my hat off to you all! well done!!!!

The camera work looks great, typical though, I used to live there for about 10 years and now I live in Sheffield you hold the worlds there!!

I assume half-hearted Chris is on the camera control?

Could you also explain to me as I have never attended a worlds, what is the "racing" that just finished and what it the next race all about please?

If I could I would email a cuppa to you all!

Thank you,

Brian.

smert
25-Aug-10, 07:14 PM
I enjoyed what I got to see today! :nod: It was a pity work kept getting in the way otherwise I could have been watching all afternoon!

Well done to everybody involved :thumbup:, the conditions look down right miserable at times!

Keith Oakley
25-Aug-10, 09:34 PM
Greetings from a pretty soggy Towcester. It rained all afternoon and was particularly heavy during the Endurance race. That has delayed the production of results until tomorrow, we've decided we need subaqua type chinograph pencils to write down the noise results tomorrow. Some great racing in the ER race, with Brian Whites big new cruiser rushing around at speed, then stopping to be overtaken by Bill Baker and Owen Ellis (AUS) battling it out between them.
Disco featuring F2 racer Katrina Palfrey underway now. More timetrials and 2 one hour ER races tomorrow. Look out for some national tv coverage before the weekend.
The early part of todays racing is available on the replay, more will be uploaded overnight.
Only light rain forecast tomorrow......
Back on air at 12 noon UK time.
Keith

trev
25-Aug-10, 10:08 PM
Hi Keith
I did manage to catch some of the coverage this afternoon and have to say I am well impressed with the quality shots from the cameras I had not realised you had stepped up to broadcast quality with nice steady shots. Well done to all involved in todays little show I have cancelled work in the afternoon for the next 2 days to keep up with the action so lets hope for sunshine tomorrow like we are getting in Scotland

Trev

pascall
26-Aug-10, 06:27 AM
Hello,

Thank's for the live video.

In endurance race all craft have 4 stroke engine , or some drivers use 2 stroke engine ?

have a good day

Keith Oakley
26-Aug-10, 07:13 AM
Hi Trev - I always knew England in August would be wet. We've got 4 broadcast quality cameras in use plus some high end camcorders, a 20ft van for video mixing and a 16ft greenhouse for audio/commentators, plus good talkback setup so director can instruct cameramen etc. We've got maybe 12 camera folk, most of whom first saw this kind of camera on tuesday!
Most of the ER craft are 4stroke - Owen Ellis has a homebrew turbocharger. I think there are some 2 strokes.
All of yesterday now on replay
Heavy rain overnight much of campsite flooded, more light rain forecast today.
More later start at 12
Keith

trev
26-Aug-10, 09:19 AM
Heavy rain overnight much of campsite flooded, more light rain forecast today.

well at least there are plenty hovers about if you need to do a bit of flood rescue;)

Keep up the good work we will be watching

Trev ps did Atters turn up for his shift

Keith Oakley
26-Aug-10, 10:31 AM
Atters (or Sean as he is kown in the real world) has worked his socks off since arriving tuesday. He's on one of the cameras.
Endurance Race results and replay video are up on the replay site.
We go live at 12
Keith

hover snapper
26-Aug-10, 04:48 PM
Me, dad & mum & Clive are watching from the campsite,
Sitting in a dry camper.

Your all doing a brilliant job. From rebecca

riley1761
26-Aug-10, 06:01 PM
I enjoyed what I got to see today! :nod: It was a pity work kept getting in the way otherwise I could have been watching all afternoon!

Well done to everybody involved :thumbup:, the conditions look down right miserable at times!

Looking forward to watching some racing tomorrow - wish I could be there. Good Luck to all taking part - Hazel Riley

Winst
27-Aug-10, 06:57 AM
Happy days.........It's not RAINING :D
And I can see blue sky in the distance :cool:

Keith Oakley
27-Aug-10, 08:09 AM
Greet to hear from you Hazel. Yippee the sun is now out after 2 days of heavy rain and the media centre coffee machine is at last functioning!

Video replay of Wed and Thurs now on replay site plus results of ER, but these are presently scrambled and difficult to read. Bear with us while we sort that. Equipment drying out with the help of Jakes dehumidifiers and 5kw generator, clothes drying in Jockeys tack room.

ER race won by Giffords with 255 points (slower but quieter) with Bill Baker 253 points and Owen Ellis (Australia) on 251 points. Top 9 craft all within 60 points of winner and could have won if they were quieter, faster, didn't run out of fuel or break down!

Back on air at 12 noon local.

Keith

beech2896
27-Aug-10, 01:32 PM
HI everyone.

Watching with great interest. Looks fantastic. Wish I could be there. Trying to be helpful. Is it possible that the cameras could zoom out slightly to give a wider view? Often we are getting shots of single craft when there is another craft in very close company with it and challenging for position. Also the first lap when there are so many craft in close proximity to each other.

beech2896
27-Aug-10, 01:45 PM
Wow. What an F1 race. And great, they were so close that we were able to see all three craft at the same time locked in battle. Brilliant.

Keith Oakley
27-Aug-10, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback - I've passed them on to Jake Cooper the video director and his team.
Lovely sunny evening, fantastic racing. Laptimes Pointstables and video from today are on replay site now.
See you tomorrow - have you passed on the url to your friends yet? - www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org)

Keith

gavinparson
27-Aug-10, 06:46 PM
Clicked on your link and got.....

Live Racing from Port St Pere France

trev
27-Aug-10, 11:10 PM
Keith
like Gavin has already pointed out we cant see the replays I was looking forward to watching the replays tonight as i missed it todayfrom 2 oclock onwards due to work comitments, Hope you manage to sort out the problem. ps the covarage i did see was good veiwing before 2

Trev

Keith Oakley
28-Aug-10, 07:58 AM
Sorted. Correct page now up. Video replays, laptimes & pointstables now available on replay.
Posh frocks and live band night went well
Brilliant sunny morning, not a cloud in the sky.
Great racing yesterday more today from 1200
Keith

Universal Hovercraft
28-Aug-10, 12:24 PM
Thank you for all your work, i was able to view and be a part of the WHC 2010. Great Job

gavinparson
28-Aug-10, 03:44 PM
Can we have some "ambient" sound? It's a bit weird hearing commentary only with no craft noise at all during the races.

falconer
28-Aug-10, 04:47 PM
Not really into the racing scene but I did log in and watch some of the racing today, it was enjoyable! I might try to get along to a race one day! Keep up the good work.

Keith Oakley
28-Aug-10, 04:49 PM
Re ambient mic -Not today! We've got prob with audio mixer which has stopped that and vt sound. We need an av expert - could you pop up?
Keith

Brian G. Reynolds
28-Aug-10, 05:40 PM
I have lost the pictures!!! F1!!!!

B.

Brian G. Reynolds
28-Aug-10, 05:44 PM
Can we all see the Griffon playing please???????????????

B.

Brian G. Reynolds
28-Aug-10, 05:51 PM
Tell Mr Gifford I am not speaking to him! I would have loved to have seen that!

Can I also say what a FANTASTIC coverage today! You are all doing a fantastic job, doing us proud!

Thank you all, have a great evening and I hope to be able to see some racing tomorrow.

B.

In Sheffield.

Keith Oakley
28-Aug-10, 06:18 PM
The 20 seat Griffon Td2400 went round the course yesterday with Rob Trussler at the helm but it was after we closed!
Sorry abou the loss of video during a fantastic F1 race at the end of the day, we lost a cable link between the video and audio/uplink vans. Sorry it wasn't recorded....
We're uploading the 2nd half of this afternoons coverage now - click on replay to see it. Points and Lapcharts tomorrow morning - we've got a party to go to!
Keith

gavinparson
28-Aug-10, 09:54 PM
Gutted about the loss of video during what was clearly an amazing F1 race. It was good to see the South East boys Chris and Lewis putting up a good fight in their races.
Would love to pop up Keith but too busy earning a living.

riley1761
28-Aug-10, 10:28 PM
Can we have some "ambient" sound? It's a bit weird hearing commentary only with no craft noise at all during the races.

That's what I miss too - the noise of the engines. Also disappointed to not see end of F1 race. Hazel Riley

Al
29-Aug-10, 02:05 PM
Have watched most of the races over the last few days, except when I have had to go out on a job:(. My Wife & son are both hooked now, so maybe we will be racing at a couple of meetings next year:D .

I just wish the HCGB would have a race or two in Scotland, or at least help establish racing in scotland.

Keith Oakley
29-Aug-10, 02:24 PM
All we need is a branch in Scotland to help find a site and set it up!
Sorry about the lack of ambient noise. The audio mixing desk we're using doesn't allow us to do it without getting feedback from the pa
Keith

Keith Oakley
29-Aug-10, 05:08 PM
Racing was formally abandoned at 1700 due to winds gusting to 40mph - just too dangerous.
Results are available on the sunday page of the replay service and sundays video is uploading now.
Thanks for watching.
Keith

Scuba Kev
31-Aug-10, 08:22 AM
been on to watch the replays ... is there no forward fast slider that works? I had a phonecall halfway through the F35 race so paused it, when I went to re-start it went back to the begining!

Winst
31-Aug-10, 08:28 AM
been on to watch the replays ... is there no forward fast slider that works? I had a phonecall halfway through the F35 race so paused it, when I went to re-start it went back to the begining!

Yep I had the same and there are no lap times for F50 on Sunday morning (if there is I can't see them)